Here We Go! - Crown Jewel III


Happy Halloween, Enthusiasts!

Hope you’ve got some fun planned.  Since I have no youngins and don’t feel like dressing up, I’m staying in and having my own grand ole time and it just so happens I get to work from home too.  That means I get to witness Crown Jewel live.  Now, I can’t say I’m looking forward to this event but I am, as always, curious.  We all know that the WWE has put themselves in a precarious spot and though it very well could be seen as a song & dance for foreigners, Crown Jewel has to amount to quite a bit more than that.

Though Hell in a Cell only had 1 bad spot, that left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths.  I suppose people felt the WWE would “feel the heat” and “rise to the challenge”.  The display could very easily be construed as the WWE not recognizing the situation.  They may have very well believed they didn’t have a “threat” to worry about and in a way, they may not but if they don’t deliver, they certainly will.  Whether they meant to or not, the WWE put its own feet to the fire.  Now we see if they get burned.  To be honest, last week’s SmackDown and this week’s RAW weren’t all that bad.  They were very palatable.  I only left a few things on the plate.  Now, if you simply like the style and tone of AEW better that may indicate that the WWE may no longer be for you and feel free to bid it adieu.  It’s clear you want different things from this life.  Yet, for those who don’t feel the need to choose or aren’t quite ready to jump ship yet, these are very promising times.  Since the WWE must deliver, they’re going to try and it won’t always be a success but we may just get the best out of the roster due to the obvious competition.  Hopefully, this is what actually comes to pass.  Hopefully, this was part of the overall plan.  The lack of real competition may have made the whole organization a bit complacent.  Now that people are looking at promotions and more importantly, choosing, it’s imperative to make a good impression or in the WWE’s case, rebuild its bad one.

So, that being said, how is Crown Jewel going to serve as the turning point?  Well, Enthusiasts I couldn’t tell you.  That’s why those who are just are curious are going to check it out.  I’m most curious about the Cain Velasquez and Brock Lesnar match.  Personally, and I believe I’ve suggested this before, I think the real fighters, should bully the wrestlers.  As far as they’re concerned, they can’t fight.  And those wrestlers who come from a boxing or martial arts background could start off holding their ground and matters can even out from there. Yet, we know the backstory of this match, the real question here is will it look more like UFC or stick to the WWE rules?  I’m banking on an attempted blend of both.  Lesnar does tend to sell his matches, we’ll see if Velasquez is up to speed.  Another interesting match may be Natalya vs. Lacey Evans.  I respect the historical nature but I find this a little cheeky.  Though we’re all promoting and adjusting to mandatory inclusivity, some social proclivities tend to remain.  You see what it looks like, right?  The Saudi Arabian culture is generally against women in such scantily clad and/or revealing displays, but what if we put 2 pretty white women out there?... Go on… I’m not going to get into the implications or potential interpretations but that is what it basically looks like.  Let’s see if it’s a tasteful, good time.  I won’t bother with any speculation but when you have a chance, let’s see how they pull this whole thing off.  Will this be a live action Halloween pun and “thrill” or will it simply fade into darkness?  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, when you get a chance just see what you can make of what we watch.  I don’t want to go in presuming much and I don’t want to make up my mind without seeing the show. Try to stay open; remember it’s an exhibition.  Let’s hope Triple H meant it by generally saying this is for the fans.  I get that this is a great treat for Saudi Arabia so, let’s hope it’s not one they get a bellyache from.

See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments