Welcome to SmackDown's HouseWarming...

A Good Friday, Enthusiasts!

And it’s not even a Holy one 😉 So tonight, we witness the first SmackDown on FOX making the new era official.  To usher us in, it looks like “The Rock”, Dwayne Johnson will be gracing us with his presence and rumor has it that Randy Orton is trying to orchestrate a match with him for WrestleMania 36 and I’m strangely fine with this.  Yet, what we may not have considered, is whether that match will hold up in this current atmosphere.  Naturally, many may just marvel at the spectacle but we have to admit, it’s been some time since The Rock has actually wrestled and if you’ve ever strolled down Memory Lane and looked back at some of the Attitude Era matches, you may be surprised at how dated the material may look.  I don’t doubt these 2 as performers though.  If this goes down on the greatest stage, we shouldn’t be disappointed.

There’s also word floating around that Finn Bálor is heading back to NXT.  I hope that this is temporary if it is true.  It’s funny how when he first broke I was like, who is this pipsqueak and now, I’m endeared.  Mainly because I don’t think he got a fair shot.  His gimmick could work if they execute it correctly.  They half had it right as I’ve said before.  I don’t think they should give up on it but they should open themselves up to how to portray it.  There’s potential, especially to counter Bray Wyatt’s Fiend.  I hope they give it another go.  I know it’s a bit off topic but I see promise here.  I was surprised they half made it work actually then they completely tanked it for Saudi Arabia but hopefully they could do a soft reboot and get it somewhere close to what it could be.   I don’t dare presume the potentials could be surpassed.  Though there’s incentive to nail content presently, we all know the WWE is notorious for missing the mark.  This is a case where they’re going to have to prove themselves.

In any case, besides The Rock possibly teasing new matches, Brock Lesnar should also make an appearance to remind us that he’s looking to take that belt off of Kofi Kingston’s shoulders.  I’m sure will also get a reminder of how Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are looking to climb the proverbial ladder as they intimidate Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns ahead of Hell in a Cell. And somewhere in all this, the Loser Goes Home match between Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon is supposed to go down.  I kinda call shenanigans on this one just because I don’t know why you wouldn’t do this for HIAC.  Unless, Shane wins and Kevin Owens crashes HIAC anyway. That I can believe. What of you, Enthusiasts?  Excited for this new era’s dawn?  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites we do have to be somewhat exacting.  It is a Go Home Show and the inaugural episode of SmackDown on FOX.  This shouldn’t fall flat.  But we all know that “Hit or Miss” is the WWE’s middle name.  Let’s see if they realize that they should probably change that.  Let’s not forget that AEW had its first show this week and it was solid from what I saw.  They executed their segments better, generally speaking and were using some interesting camera angles.  Not to mention they have PAC on the roster.  That was a bad loss for the WWE.  AEW Dynamite was kinda like watching a WWE 5-year reunion.  The fare is a bit more rough and tumble than we’re used to but that fanbase seems to prefer it.  For me, I need some sort of precedence for the brawling.  Maybe I’m not familiar enough but it deteriorated into madness a bit too randomly for my blood but I respected the intensity.  It was a strong opening.  I still don’t think the WWE has to worry but they should take note.  There is in fact more than 1 way to skin a cat.  Some may be cleaner others messier…let’s see how the WWE chooses to continue going about it.

See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




PS: May be a little late for this. Gotta other matters to attend to but if I'm back in time, I made it.

Comments