SmackDown May Start Off 2020 with a Number from Grandma's Cookbook...


Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

Is it treating you well?  Well, if it’s not, do something nice for yourself tonight.  Sometimes, we just gotta take care of ourselves.  So, I suppose we can all breathe a slight sigh of relief as we can now put the Lana and Lashley saga behind us…at least when it comes to nuptials.  To be honest, I didn’t think they’d have as much fun with it in the end and I have to kinda, half give it to Lana.  They must have had her sit with Vicki Guerrero a little bit to get some pointers on how to be annoying in a heel way.  Though many feel they want those 20 minutes back, I kinda get what they were going for, the Funny Cringe.  What came out, unfortunately, is that the players may not have the chops to sell it.  Not to say the WWE should stop trying to hock that angle but they’re going to have to do it with people who can sell the material.  Hope someone is taking note.

In any case, we’re now in 2020 and so, the mild charge towards the Royal Rumble can officially begin.  I know they’ve been seeding for a little bit now but we can begin to focus and look at how this party is actually going to shape-up.  SmackDown does the honor of beginning this charge tonight and it appears to do that with action.  We have a couple battles on the docket.  It looks like the Ladies will do their take on a 6-Man-Tag as they turn it into a tag team Triple Threat.  We can look forward to Sasha Banks & Bayley, Dana Brooke & Lacey Evans and Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross getting all laced up for a dance.  And we’ll also continue to see if the beef between Baron Corbin and Roman Reigns develops into more helpings of dog food.  Corbin is gonna partner with Dolph Ziggler to face Reigns and Daniel Bryan.  I don’t see this being too linear a tale.  I’m expecting some sort of disqualification move to rile parties up for the following weeks.  I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time but I have to say, watch enough of this stuff and you start to see the patterns.  Not that I’m complaining but I'm less likely to do if the action amounts to some fun.  Let’s see if they hold our interest.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites we can start to get persnickety again but not too much.  We got a few weeks before the Rumble.  Let them work this up to that slow boil.  We’re making a ragù.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





PS: The Housemates wanna hang out later so I’ll be on the live feed tonight.  Welcome to my world East Coasters 😉

Comments