The Rumble Was SOLID! So, How Is RAW Going to Keep the Party Going?...

Happy Monday, Enthusiasts!

Did you get a chance to check out this year’s Royal Rumble?  I gotta admit, it was the best one in the past 5 years by far.  It had the hype and backed it up for once.  I wasn’t disappointed with it at all.  I love the potential it churned up.  I can finally start to sink my teeth into this again and that feeling, I have to say, is the most exciting development of them all.

Gotta also say, I was a little slow on the uptake when Edge returned, though.  Couldn’t remember his entrance music for the life of me and didn’t care enough to look it up.  But it was amazing to see and I’m so glad that he was welcomed back with such open arms.  Only thing I would say is he should try to gain a little weight.  He was looking a bit gaunt if you ask me and that just accentuates his age.  Maybe putting on a healthy 10-20 pounds may even that out.  Also, it will make a lot of us feel better about him taking bumps.  Knowing that he had to prematurely retire due to injury made us wince a bit when the action picked back up.  Regardless, I’m really happy for him.

And on that note, I hope he’s got someone checking on Beth Phoenix ‘cause something cut her on the back of her head during the Ladies’ Rumble.  I’m glad she’s no pansy as she hung in there until the end but jeeze!   No one wants anyone taking a hit like that, especially the likes of the Glamazon, Ms. Beth Phoenix.  She’s a rare treasure.  I’m glad she can still play.  Someone make sure she’s good and pampered until she’s healed up.

As for match of the night, for me, it was Asuka and Becky Lynch.  They can definitely strut around for a bit as they did not let down at all.  They earned bragging rights.  They drew it out and played the back and forth beautifully.   Lynch even shut me up and won fair and square so, kudos to these ladies.  All they have to do is keep it up.

A lot of people liked The Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan but when The Fiend got the win with that Mandible Claw, they lost me.  I can’t buy that.  I need a more decisive finisher.  The Mandible Claw is just too kiddie for me.  Might as well be playing Tag or something.  The match itself was far more palatable, though.  I need to see some sort of carnage or I just don’t get why I’m watching. 

Yet, all in all the Men’s Royal Rumble served a fitting end to the night.  I didn’t mind the Ladies’ offering.  It was certainly well plotted out but it did drag at times and I was looking at the clock to see how much longer.  That was the only thing to watch for next time.  The Men didn’t have the same problem though I did expect the bridling from the crowd around the 10th entrant as Brock Lesnar was laying waste to all who sauntered down the ramp.  I knew no one would accept him winning clean.  I have to say that would be total bullshit.  I don’t know if the WWE can ever get away with that sort of thing again.  We are just too aware now.  We want drama not action dictated to us by how “unstoppable” someone supposedly is.  Someone like Braun Strowman or Erick Rowan would have to go full-heel and just manhandle the roster to boos.  Not sure if it’s worth it.  But I digress.  Last night, it was Drew McIntyre who was named to end the onslaught and he did so in quite believable fashion.  McIntyre has grown on me of late. He is a formidable contender for the title and a fresh face makes the chase for it interesting again.  I’m glad they pulled the trigger.  2020 is shaping up to be quite promising.

So that leads us to tonight’s RAW¸ for the Fallout.  All that I’m getting so far is that Lana and Liv Morgan are going to finish what they started last night but other than that, it’s anyone’s guess.  We can only hope to see a promo from AJ Styles, we know that at least.  He apparently got injured during the Rumble.  Word is it’s a shoulder separation and when you look at the playback, you hope it’s not too bad but ouch.  Becky Lynch will probably gloat a bit as will Drew McIntyre.  Now, we have to begin the slow march to WrestleMania and there the key will be pacing.

We have another Saudi Arabia Show at the end of February and then Elimination Chamber the following week so don’t be surprised if this next month sees the WWE in a sort of coast mode.   We really won’t know what to expect for WrestleMania until March so we’re watching how they draw out this interim normal in the meantime.  Well, I like the start so far.  Hopefully, they take their time and set this up right.  I’m hoping that’s what the scheduling indicates but we all know that the WWE Universe tends to be the epitome of a crap shoot.  We’ll see if they can actually win the pot.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, as you can see we’re kinda in for the long haul.  Might as well loosen up and get comfortable.  We’re in the test kitchen.  We’ll be seeing what works, what doesn’t and what surprises.  It’s all for the Big One in the end.  Let’s hope it’s worth it.  Don’t bitch unless it’s really worth bitching about.  For the most part, we’re angling to be constructive.  The Royal Rumble was promising.  Maybe they can nail WrestleMania too.  Can’t say it wouldn’t be nice.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)



Comments