RAW Doesn't Appear to Know What Time It Is...

Merry Monday, Enthusiasts!

How’d the weekend treat you?  Well, hope it got you in the mood for tonight!  Though…I’m not sure if there’s much to get excited about but more on that a little later.

First off, let’s just touch a little on SmackDown.  It wasn’t a bad show, per se but there were definitely a few segments that didn’t fully work, the main ones, of course, involving The Fiend.  I don’t mind the Firefly Fun House but the “feud” with The Miz isn’t generally landing.  We’re accepting this is the story right now but we don’t really buy it.  It’s too obvious this is the current gimmick.  Yet, that is kind of why this Fiend thing isn’t landing.  It’s an obvious gimmick.  Now, that’s what Wyatt wanted to pitch so now he has to sell it.  All I’m saying is I’m not sold.  If he can make this something the lay person could readily understand, perhaps this could get some traction but if I’m supposed to shiver at some guy in a Halloween mask, paid to entertain, and it’s not Universal Studios, I don’t know what anyone expects.  This is just not believable.  I can’t even play along.  I’ll be nice as the crowds have been of late, but I won’t buy in.  I’ll need something that I can understand and when it comes to the WWE Universe, this tends to be a clear-cut ass-kicking.  We’ll see if Wyatt can come up with a few of those.

Nevertheless, SmackDown closed strong which was nice to see.  It looks like those guys are starting to get the hang of this whole, wrassling for a living thing.  It’s very promising because that’s where the magic is.  If they can continue honing this groove, we should start to see more action we’d expect to see out of the WWE but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  What we as fans have to remember is that we kinda have to keep these people “honest”.  Meaning that we take time out of our days to watch this mess when we could be just as easily doing anything else.  We need incentive to keep at it so, these guys have to come up with stuff worth watching.  I think that’s starting to really sink in with the WWE but we have to make sure they don’t slack off.  We suffered through 15-20 years of very okay material.  With other promotions now in the mix, now’s the time to show us how it’s done.  Unfortunately, this week’s RAW doesn’t look promising.  What’s circulating is a big ole “Fist Fight” with Kevin Owens, Big Show and Samoa Joe boxing with The Shield 3.0 in the form of Seth Rollins with AOP.  It doesn’t sound good in theory but who knows, maybe this surprises.  Hopefully, they have fun and leave a ginormous mess.  That’s about the only way I see this staying watchable but I have been wrong before.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites.  Start to get persnickety about now.  We have the Royal Rumble in about a couple weeks and I’m not really thinking about it.  Well, I’m thinking about the logistics like what I'm gonna feed my face but not the show itself.  They gotta start getting us revved up for it.  Right now, I’m just curious as to how this is supposed to work.  Start to lean in.  We want this to be a good time, not hope it doesn’t suck.  It’s the Rumble!  It’s supposed to be AMAZING!!!!  Let's see who agrees.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments