Even in the Face of Sobering News, SmackDown Goes On...


Good Evening, Enthusiasts.

Guess you can say this is a bittersweet time as we have received word of the WWE furloughs and lay-offs.  This sort of thing is sweeping across the world.  Personally, I’m surprised I was one of those who were spared myself but I always feel that it’s only a matter of time.  The bittersweet-ness comes in the circumstances.  One doesn’t have to feel too bad because this is the state of affairs at the moment.  Everyone is feeling it.  Many of my friends have faced similar circumstances.  It’s just the way it is right now.  Thankfully, we know this is temporary.

As for the noted released roster members, I would say Erick Rowan, Sarah Logan and Rusev were the most surprising.  I always thought that the Wyatt Family would be revived to some degree and I suppose since Luke Harper is now Brodie Lee on AEW, I guess they figured it was time to cut their losses.  Logan comes as a surprise as she just helped sell Shayna Baszler with her “injury” and I honestly think that should be addressed in some way because you can’t have someone on the roster blatantly trying to hurt people.  That may fly in the Hardcore circuits but with this here publicly traded company, that’s just hard to sell nowadays.  Personally, I don’t need it.  I’ve said many times I don’t need wrestlers killing themselves for my amusement.  I love a good tussle but I want everyone able to get up and do it again the next day.  I don’t need people to bleed for me.  But I digress.  I thought they were going to elaborate is all.  And then, there’s Rusev.  I find it odd to axe him and not him and Lana.  I know they’re technically not “together” in terms of WWE story but we all know that they’re still married.  A reunion would be sure to follow I would think.  I get the feeling this has more to do with control.  I think Rusev rubbed management the wrong way with he and Lana going rogue on Social Media so, this may be more a message that even with the general appeal, anyone is expendable.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this is more of a furlough.  He’s sure to be well received when we’re back up and running.  I just don’t see him really working anywhere else.  To me, he’d seem like the odd man out but I could be wrong.

So, I’m not sure if this will be addressed on shows but the shows are going on.  I was under impression they were taping them but apparently they’ll start doing that after next week.  So, tonight’s SmackDown will have Sonya DeVille trying to patch up things with Mandy Rose.  Tamina will try not to break Sasha Banks.  Daniel Bryan & Cesaro will box for a chance at Money in the Bank, wonder who wins there.  And Naomi and Dana Brooke will do the same.  It sounds like they may close with the Singles Triple Threat for the Tag Team Championship.  Big E, The Miz and Jey Uso will give their partners a break and battle it out for all the marbles.  We’ll see if they can keep it interesting.  Get the feeling it’ll be a little difficult to keep the energy up but this is their job.  I’ll be watching live this evening because I got some other business to attend to later on so the East Coast cats can get a taste if they like.  Funny tweets will be retweeted and if anyone manages to spit some genius they’ll be retweeted and Liked as well.  It doesn’t happen often but it can be done.  Stay strong out there!


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments