SmackDown Invites Us to Take a Break and Praise Triple H...


How’s Everybody Doing this Friday?

Well, I hope.  Guess we’re all just acclimating.  Anyway, this has been an interesting week in the wrestling world.  We’ve got some gossip to bandy about as Carmella and Corey Graves inadvertently got real on Instagram/Twitter recently.  It’s certainly a…defining moment if you haven’t seen it already.  We’ll see if they get through it I suppose but in Graves’ defense I got what he meant but he could have worded it better is all.

In any case, tonight we will celebrate Triple H which I have no problem with I just would have saved this for his birthday but, I suppose that doesn’t have anything to do with when he joined the company.  So, in between a couple of Money in the Bank qualifying matches we’ll see a bunch of clips of his finer moments and I’m sure hear some comments on how awesome he is.  I have to always say that the man fooled me during the Attitude Era.  He got me livid and only when I was older did I realize he was doing his job.  'Tis no better Heel if you ask me.  What I appreciate most about his manner is how he knows where the line is.  Nowadays, a lot of the current Heels are having a hard time finding that balance.  They make the mistake of becoming unlikable. 

I think Shayna Baszler is teetering on that line right now.  I get the “bad bitch” thing but being blatantly malicious without provocation is just too hard to sell these days.  There’s too much of a public call for civility.  The bad behavior has to be validated.  Someone needs to talk shit or sabotage or something so that a person can see why she retaliated or shut someone up or what have you.  In H’s day, he had beef.  He straight up didn’t like opponents for whatever reason and you got into the apparent feud of it.  He stuck more to the Hatfields & McCoys tactic.  Fair enough, we can see why he’s a son of a bitch.  Hell, we’re gonna celebrate it tonight.  I doubt we’ll be doing this for Baszler in 25 years.  If you’re going to be bad in the WWE Universe, you gotta do it in a way that people can still like you.  I think Seth Rollins is a good example right now.  Currently, he’s spiraling into madness and we can have fun with the descent.  And he can be “rescued” with any number of Deus ex Machina to become a Face again and since he’s prone to being “bad”, he can fall off whenever his character needs a jolt.  That I can accept but just being a bitch or a dick isn’t gonna cut it.  People won’t want to root for you or be your fan because they don’t want to be associated with the bad reputation and let's face it.  These Heels need to sell their merchandise.  It’s a delicate thing to be a good Heel.

But, back to tonight’s action.  Along with all the fanfare we can also expect to see another Women’s Tag Team Championship match as Dana Brooke and Carmella go for gold against Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross.  And we’ll get a recap of the history between Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman.  We’ll see how it all works out.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites see if you cough one up.  Don’t expect it but it is possible.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments