RAW Recalibrates Us for Money in the Bank...


How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

Still hanging in there?  Do your best.  It shouldn’t be for too much longer but I understand.  Do what you can to stay sane.  So, here we are again, another Monday night when we see what the WWE has got for us this time around.  I think it will be kinda crazy for them once we’re back up and running.  Fans like us tend to get frenzied.  Many of us use this medium as an outlet for our pent-up frustrations.  That’s often best expressed through the fans’ reactions and without them, our general “release” is a bit stunted.  It’s definitely not as much fun.  I personally love reading the crowd responses to get a better sense of what’s landing and what’s not.  That’s more helpful than you think.  It allows you to be accepting or at least it should.  This sort of information allows me to accept The Fiend and other aspects I don’t care much for because I can see, someone else does like them so I don’t know everything.  It’s good to have that sort of perspective.  Without the audience, we’re left more to our own devices and I don’t know if that helps the WWE Universe.  That’s the beauty of the interaction.  When we get up and running, they’re going to have to brace themselves for some rowdy crowds.  People will be chomping at the bit for the release.

That being said, the WWE should be very measured in this build towards Money in the Bank.  It’s hard to say if we’ll be back to normal more or less, but what I’m really getting at is that they don’t want to blow it when they get a live audience back.  They’ve been doing a good job of making the content make some sort of sense thankfully, so we shouldn’t have to worry about things being too random but this is a big opportunity.  The crowd will be antsy and tense and will be looking for some place to lose their minds.  The first shows are going to be pivotal.  They don’t want to spoil the relief of free movement with crappy shows.  The letdown would be tremendous.  If you ask me, this is a key time to build the fanbase.  Keep the material fun and engaging and they may just get some upticks through word of mouth, which can only help their rep.  They know the general consensus is that it’s fake crap but it does have its moments as the Royal Rumble proved.  They need to make sure they’re giving their best efforts now.  That will ensure at least a few sold out shows once we’re back in business. 

Anyway, we’ve got a good month before action really gets going but the lead up to Money in the Bank begins tonight.  Looks like the preliminary qualifying matches start tonight and naturally, Becky Lynch and Drew McIntyre will say some words that allude to their “inherent dominance”.  What’s funny to me is that I’m just now realizing McIntyre was in 3MB.  That went straight over my head.  Shows you how much I pay attention.  Thankfully he repackages nicely.  3MB feels like it was 150 years ago.  I vaguely remember that.  And where’s Jinder Mahal for that matter?  I didn’t mind his title reign but it’s clear he fell off the radar.  So, what does that mean?  Heath Slater is next for a title run?  I think he could hold the Intercontinental Title for a little while, might as well 😉  Anyway, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, let’s just see what we have to work with first.  Early reports aren’t too bad but I always have to see for myself.


 See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments