That Actually Wasn't All That Bad. WrestleMania Day 2, You Got Better?...


How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

This a good Sunday for you?  Well, the first taped WrestleMania was actually a lot of fun.  I appreciate the cinematic element of the final matches because given the circumstances, that makes a lot of sense.  You have to present the action in a way that audience response isn’t necessary.  You either are in to what you’re watching or you’re not.  It’s for that reason, I choose Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins as the match of the night.  It could go great on their reel if they ever decide to do a movie or guest spot on some high action television.  Owens could be some sloppy cop with a knack for solving a crime and Rollins could be some up and coming drug dealer/gun runner trying to make a name for himself in the big city.  They could put in like Des Moines, Iowa or someplace to make it believable.  I wouldn’t pay for it but if it ended up on Tubi or something, I’d check it out.

As for the main event, that match lost me at times but I get the overall reason they went big with it.  And for not being actors, AJ Styles and Undertaker sold it enough.  I will say that the “American BadAss” persona does work better for me than the usual “Dead Man”, gimmick.  I can put my own Sons of Anarchy spin on it. We’ll see how many of these he’s got left.

So, as for tonight, I’m interested to see who will come out on top.  The conclusion of some these matches may leave us with an interesting landscape.  With the mild letdown of Shayna Baszler not being able to close on Becky Lynch, I wonder if Rhea Ripley takes the win over Charlotte.  The decision to allow Lynch the win has led to speculation about a Ronda Rousey return.  Others feel this is more a timing thing.  Perhaps that sort of win should be done in front of a loud audience.  I can understand both schools of thought but overall, I just didn’t believe it.   I don’t think Lynch could kick Baszler’s ass in a hand to hand fight.  Maybe the real point is that this is wrassling and not a UFC fight but, still I don’t see Baszler not picking up a “W” over Lynch.  Lynch doesn’t scare me.  Baszler I wouldn’t want much of a part of.  And it’s not like Lynch used any discernable skill to get the win.  If anything, Baszler dropped the ball.  If it was more a mistake on Baszler’s part that led to the loss, I could accept that more but nope.  Doesn’t look like that’s how they did it.  Oh well.

So for tonight, we’ll see how Day 2 closes.  As much as this could be a great show, we all know there are places this could get real ridiculous, real fast. As you may have figured, the prime example is the Firefly Fun House match.  That could be brilliant or complete nonsense.  I don’t see much in-between with that one.  All the other matches just leave me curious so, let’s settle in and see how this goes. I’m cautiously optimistic.  Funny tweets get retweeted and if you manage to cough up a gem, you shall be rewarded for it with a Like and retweet ‘cause, you earned it.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments