SmackDown Goes, "Here Goes Nothing..."


Hey Enthusiasts!

Still hanging in there?  Keep at it.  Looks like this is life for about 6 weeks.   To be honest, I’m beginning not to mind this sheltering but the one downside is that I have to stay home.  I love the downtime but I’d like to go somewhere and enjoy it, you know.  The one thing about me is that I get sick of shit and I’m getting sick of staying at home.  Oh well, guess I’ll start reading up on these “occupy your time” articles circulating online. 

Anyway, we have the Go Home Show for WrestleMania tonight and I don’t think I’ve ever been so…at a loss.  I have absolutely no idea what to expect.  None.  I know what the loose plan is but as for any actual sense of what I might see, no idea.   And on top of that, no idea if that’s a good or bad thing.  In all honesty, last week’s SmackDown wasn’t bad.  It was much improved actually.  They’re starting to film these as opposed to have a live show anyway and it’s working a lot better.  I was getting at this point from the get-go.  If there’s no audience, you have to show action that doesn’t need them.  That’s why I thought it would be a lot of playful “backstage segments” with the roster just leaning into their current beefs and starting shit with one another.  On TV, the WWE should seem like the most dysfunctional company to work for.  When you actually think about it, everyone has issues.  No one knows how to talk their shit out.  They gotta fight about it.   All I’m saying is that they should have more fun with that.  Comically lean into the “dysfunction”.  I get it, that’s the life in this universe and that’s fine.  Go ahead and develop that.  Have a big ole kerfuffle over someone taking the last sandwich at catering.  Security should have to run out and break up a tussle over a parking spot every now and then.  Should just be another day in the life.  If they have fun and stage it for TV, I’ll watch it.  That’s why a lot of people watch this stuff.  You can’t drop an elbow on someone from on top of your desk at work.  And if you can, you work at a cool place.  They should have more fun with the fact that with the WWE, you can.  That’s how a lot of disagreements get settled. 

In any case, I digress.  Back to tonight’s action.  So, John Cena should show up at some point and offer his counter to The Fiend/Bray Wyatt.  I don’t mind this explanation Wyatt has given to explain The Fiend but you all know how I feel.  I still haven’t seen a good match and I’m not buying the whole spooky persona.  It’s still just a guy wearing a mask to me.  Not sure if there’s anything Wyatt can do to change that but if they can make something out of this match, I’ll be impressed.  I’m not saying it’s impossible but I’d be impressed.  We’ll see how they set this up once and for all.   Also, some of the SmackDown Tag Team Division in the form of The New Day and The Usos agree to sit down for an episode of MizTV.  I can’t help but feel this is some sort of set-up given how last week concluded.   We’ll see if it amounts to anything interesting.  So with that, feel free to let loose these next 3 days.  I understand that these are unique circumstances but the other side of that is the WWE had plenty of time to get this right.  With WrestleMania being hyped as being “too big for one night”, we now sit back and see if it comes remotely close.  Word is WrestleMania is already in the can so I’m sure some editors are feverishly cutting it together as I type.  I’m sure the bulk of us aren’t expecting to have our socks blown off but stranger things have happened.  Just look at the times we’re living in.  I’m not going to say it’s impossible but I’d say it’d be quite the surprise.  Funny tweets get retweeted and if you manage to stumble upon genius well then, I’ll have no choice but the retweet it and Like it as well.  See how that works?


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments