I Enjoyed WrestleMania, Surprisingly. So, RAW What's Next?...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts!

Enjoy WrestleMania?  You know, I did if I may say so myself.  I would have to say content-wise they came up with the best action they’ve had in a while.  It’s too bad this WrestleMania will always have an asterisk beside it but I think it served as proof of the depth of the roster.  So, my general conjectures are true.  WWE’s Creative team doesn’t know how to best use everyone.  Let’s see if they can validate their jobs over the coming weeks.

In any case, I know a lot of people loved the Firefly Fun House match but you can’t really say that was match.  It was a sort of demonstration but I didn’t mind it.  It proved a lot of my points, though so I can’t really be upset anyway.  Always nice to get some confirmation.  It showed how this gimmick should have been pitched to WWE Studios as a horror flick franchise and not really attempted as a live action incarnation.  Though people like it, you can see that it needs proper staging to have a chance to land across the board.  Pulling this off in real time is just asking too much.  If they’re not going to invest in the theatrical effects to truly sell it, they shouldn’t have bothered in my opinion.  This was again validated for me as The Fiend used his Mandible Claw finisher which kind of sullied the whole presentation for me.  Besides that, it was a fun and creative exploration.  To be honest, Bray Wyatt is more interesting to me.  It’s fun to have a false prophet walking around pontificating.  We’ll see how he evolves.

As for the show, I think the best match was Edge vs. Randy Orton.  A lot of people found it too long but I appreciate the grit both gentlemen showed here.  Edge’s experience doing TV shows was quite evident as he played his part expertly while showing a lot of fun creativity too.  And Orton played the arrogant bad guy we know he can be.  These men have nothing to be ashamed of.  If you ask me, they performed a master class of what a WrestleMania match looks like and I applaud them.  Hopefully these kids can learn a thing or 2 from ‘em. 

So with that, we have the RAW Fallout show and we see how things are going shape up for, I guess Money in the Bank?  Schedule had that set for May but I get the feeling it’ll get pushed back to June which is fine by me.  I kinda think of it as the start of Summer anyway.  In the meantime, Drew McIntyre will be able to strut around as WWE Champion so, I suppose we’ll see who’s next in line to challenge for it.  Becky Lynch will also get to brag a bit though I’m not sold on her win and who knows, maybe we’ll get a surly Brock Lesnar, pissed over his loss too.  I’m down for a rematch.  So, you know how it goes.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Like/Favorites, let’s just see what we get first before we bank on spitting out any genius.  We know the pieces are there, not sure if they’ll be properly put together.  I say we stay critical until we can’t anymore.  Some people need a challenge.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments