Hell in a Cell 2020 - No Matter How You Cut It, It's a Doozy...

How Is Everyone This Sunday?

Ready for Hell in a Cell? Well, I can’t say I’m not curious. Yet, as usual, I won’t speculate too much on what may happen but I’m sure we’re curious about the same matches.

So, to get right into it, the first match of interest is Sasha Banks and Bayley.  Since they haven’t had much actual wrestling time, I’ll be looking to see if they come off rusty. I don’t expect a bad match but since this has been so heavily acted, this may become more of a spectacle than a match. This is not a bad thing if they keep it entertaining. I’m anticipating a lot of weaponry is going to be used, chairs, kendo sticks, someone may go through a table. It doesn’t matter who wins though, if Bayley retains, I hope there’s a long term plan for her.  This past week’s SmackDown was very promising. One of the better shows they’ve had in quite some time. It looks like the word to push back is getting to the wrestlers and who can blame them? Who wants to look bad in public? Hopefully, some of that moxie continues to rub off and we get ourselves a fine PPV.

Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton is the other match of interest.  Mainly because they have to find a way to make it interesting. Orton knows how to do his thing but it appears that wrestlers may be having a hard time developing a sense of chemistry with McIntyre. This sort of thing is a difficult thing to correct because, chemistry is one of those things you can’t teach. It takes a different sort of awareness and I’m not sure McIntyre fully understands. It kinda ties into his whole presentation.  We’re getting to know him essentially and that may be the core of the issue. The WWE Universe is simply unfamiliar.  He’s completely different from his 3MB incarnation and I suppose we’re getting used to this new version.  All I can say is that these gentlemen have to find a way to get people jazzed about it because as of now, most simply don’t care.

So, that leaves what’s probably going to be the main event in Jey Uso vs. Roman Reigns.  Now, here I’m a little worried. With The Fiend being such a mind-boggling hit, I wouldn’t be surprised if this match ends up in some sort of disqualification due to interference.  I would hate that but I wouldn’t put it past them. Maybe The Fiend and Alexa Bliss commandeer Jey or something. Who am I kidding, this is probably going to go down with Orton and McIntyre if they do it...maybe with Bayley and Sasha Banks but I would definitely want to see how Wyatt gets away with that sort of move, just quietly amassing a "harem". I just…it’s so indicative of the WWE Universe.  It’s a PPV, Bliss and Wyatt are up to no good, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if there’s some sort of twist to the evening. The task there is selling it because as the record shows, either fans go crazy for it or sit there going WTF. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I’m on the WTF bandwagon, so, I’m prepared to talk all kinds of shit if and when that shoe drops. WWE has to try to find a way to land it across the board and I doubt they have the wherewithal. I will always go on record saying that The Fiend shouldn’t have been on TV. It’s B-movie horror.  Bray Wyatt could probably forge an underground following with a movie franchise but am I gonna buy this as a wrestling concept, never.  They’re just asking too much of me.

And so, those are my 2¢.  Feel free to develop your own. More importantly, try to put yourself in the right frame of mind to enjoy the show. Remember what the real problem is.  You have people who either understand story but don’t understand the WWE Universe offering up ideas. Or, there are people who understand wrestling, but don’t get solid story structure offering up ideas. The talent is great. What to do with them is completely unclear.  So, try to honor the good talent out there in some way. Don’t fault them for not having the best creative minds. You can see their passion is the wrestling. Try to look at it from that angle.  Don’t expect a great show and we may just get one.

And so, funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Like/Favorites, this is definitely a wait and see what we get sort of evening.  Keep the expectations low and if they completely drop the ball, let ‘em know it. Keep it in good taste and there’s a good chance you’ll get liked and retweeted for your effort.

 


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments