Will RAW Just Phone It in Since Everything Changes Next Week?...

How’s Everyone Doing this Monday?

Good?  Hanging in there?  Stay strong, my friends.  So, there are a couple things on my mind tonight.  I guess it’s best to start with Finn Balor, given how he and Kyle O’Reilly had themselves a knockdown, drag ‘em out fight for the title last night at NXT Takeover.  Balor retained but not without getting banged up plenty.  Now, this is the sort of thing I mean when it comes to how the WWE mishandled Balor.  The Dæmon Persona is somewhat necessary for Balor to make sense in the WWE Universe.  His susceptibility to injury kinda ruins the ruse, so to speak.  If they established him correctly, his matches could be better structured to protect him.  When in trouble, he could resort to psychological tactics to “disturb” his opponents.  I always thought that would be fun for both Balor and whoever faces him.  When he found himself in a jam, he’d get the opponent all crossed up in a hold where he could whisper something in their ear.  What it is wouldn’t matter ‘cause we wouldn’t hear it but the opponent would have to sell it like he revealed their deepest, darkest secret.  He could just say “pumpkin spice latte” and an opponent would have to freak out.  He could have a lot of fun with that and save himself an injury or 2.  I certainly don’t want to see the guy kill himself out there to make some sort of point. 

The other thing that has captured my interest is Bray Wyatt/The Fiend.  They went there last week.  Alexa Bliss is “enamored” with The Fiend and I just hope it does lead to a Bliss double heel-turn.  The whole thing is a lot more palatable if she appears to be playing The Fiend all this time.  Social media shows a lot of excited fans but I just don’t think their opinions can be trusted.  They clearly don’t know what good theater is.  They just think Bliss is cute and the Fiend mask is cool.  I really think they’re filling in their own blanks story-wise because I cannot imagine the WWE making this a watchable plot twist.  I can’t really comment further until we see what they do with it.  I’ll just close with if Bliss really wants to stay ahead in this game, she should act like she always knew what she was doing and “stab” The Fiend in the back when the time is right.  The last thing I’d want to do is serve as cover for someone’s sexual proclivities and at the moment, if they play it straight, that’s what it looks like.  Personally, I don’t know why the WWE would want to endorse something like that so, let’s hope they already thought about this and have some other “twist” waiting ahead.

Anyway, for tonight on RAW, we have the precursor to the WWE Draft coming up on Friday.  Bray Wyatt is supposed to stop by and chat with Kevin Owens…given how things ended on Friday, I don’t know why but I guess we’ll see.  The Women’s Division will be given a little more direction and Drew McIntyre will try to keep his feud with Randy Orton fresh.  They’ll join The Street Profits, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode for 6-Man-Tag action.  All in all, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, well…like I keep saying, if any changes are going to be made we’re going to have to stay vocal.  Keep speaking up when they fumble the easy plays.  If anyone coughs up a hilarious doozy, you’ll be rewarded with a Like and retweet for all to see.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments