We'll See If SmackDown Maintains. They're Now the Show to Beat...

A Good Friday to You Enthusiasts.

How is everyone doing?  Well, I hope.  So, there’s some bustling about the WWE Universe.  Looks like WWE is gonna get a cut of all this 3rd party action wrestlers are getting.  Word is wrestlers are pissed.  Well, I don’t blame ‘em.  Here they are trying to do a little side hustle and WWE now wants a piece.   From what I heard, it sounded like Twitch accounts would now be administered through WWE and participating wrestlers would get a percentage?  Not sure if that would be proportionate to popularity but I get it.  I’d probably just say fuck it and drop it all together.  That may be what WWE is coaxing wrestlers to do.  It seems a little…bitchy to me.  What does it matter?  I guess they want to keep a cap on the Kayfabe or something.  Don’t want wrestlers getting too loose outside of the WWE Universe.  They’re trying to maintain control or something.

The other big piece of news is that WrestleMania 37 is getting moved to Florida from the Los Angeles venue.  I suppose with the COVID restrictions, it’s just easier to maneuver in Florida.  California is a persnickety state.  This isn’t much of a surprise.   At this point, it’s too far away for me to contemplate.  Given the state of the creative department, I don’t have too much faith in this show.  Hopefully, they can stitch together something decent.  I like how they are kinda getting back to basics, though.  RAW was leaps and bounds better just because of it.  If they’re not going to do this right, just stay in their lane and stick to what they can do well.  This is more a matter of professionalism.  If WWE is the best, they really shouldn’t be phoning it in.  At a base level, they should simply expect more of themselves.   Let’s see if they angle for gaining some respect.

So, that brings us to SmackDown.  We’ll see how the fallout from Clash of Champions develops.  The common rematch will occur between Sami Zayn and Jeff Hardy for the Intercontinental Title.  Kevin Owens will host his show and have Alexa Bliss as a guest.  And, naturally, Roman Reigns will be officially crowned “Tribal Chief”.  This whole “chief” thing is a bit hit or miss with fans.  Social media has a lot of mixed reviews.  Personally, I’m fine with it if they are.  If the Bloodline isn’t offended, then there’s no reason for me to be.  With that, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, don’t hold back.  Like I’ve said, we’ll have to be vocal if this is ever going to get palatable for the general public.  Let it rip.

  

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 




Comments