SmackDown Assess the Damage from Survivor Series Fallout...

A Good Friday to You, Enthusiasts.

 

How’s Black Friday going for you? May your Holiday Deals be plentiful. So, this post should be brief because there’s not a lot going on in the WWE Universe today. Most of what’s floating around is not anything new but I may ramble on about it.

 

The first thing that caught my eye is the marketability of The Fiend. Apparently one can now purchase a Fiend on the Scene for your holiday shenanigans. You know I can’t stand this concept but Horror fans appear to be eating it up. Noticed quite a bit of people, children included, opted for a Fiend costume this Halloween. That baffles me even more because it’s not scary. It’s some dude in a mask who’s a fan of Freddy Kruger. I admit. Horror isn’t my bag but it just surprises me what flies sometimes in this universe. I never liked the Undertaker either but I could at least respect the man. This I just roll my eyes at. And it’s unfortunate because I like Bray Wyatt. He’s captivating in the ring so, I don’t mind him it’s just I can’t express how stupid I feel this gimmick is. People are buying it so, I guess I should just shut-up but if you ask me, big waste of money.

 

Another tidbit wafting through is word that an episode on Chyna won’t be done for Dark Side of the Ring. I suppose this is for the best because her end was very tragic. I feel for her and her close ones. I respect them deciding not to dig up those old skeletons. Let the woman rest in peace.  Perhaps some sort of tribute could be done elsewhere but let her particular sleeping dogs lie. I don’t know if any good would come of waking them. I admire a big, strong woman and Chyna was one of the best in the industry. I always liked her and am grateful for her trailblazing ways.

 

The final bit I’ve already touched on regarding Aleister Black. This is actually more of an indication of the larger issues with WWE’s so-called “creative department”. Word is that management soured on him but I think that’s kinda bullshit. Again, all this talent and no idea what to do with it, that’s what it comes off as. It’s shameful. In Entertainment, you just can’t operate this way. I’m sure WWE is feeling this in the boardroom. There’s plenty, plenty to ridicule. And the reality is there is no quick fix. WWE has to formally develop the WWE Universe. It’s a tall task and everyone has to commit to it. They’ll see. If they don’t, numbers will continue to decline. They’ve got to create a fictional world we can playfully believe in. It will take more than the occasionally lit promo and solid matches. They have to develop the fictional infrastructure. If they’re actually thinking about it, that’s what we should be witnessing, the beginning. Keep your fingers crossed. This will take years.

 

Anyway, as for tonight’s SmackDown we’ll see the last of the Fallout from Survivor Series. Not much has been advertised. Just that we’ll see what’s next for the Bloodline. Roman Reigns needs a new challenger and Jey Uso needs someone else to keep his skills sharp. If you ask me, I’d make Aleister Black Jey’s next mission but that’s just what I’d do. Rumors I’ve heard suggest Daniel Bryan will be the next one to have a beef with Reigns, which could be fun. I remember a few years back when they first collided and it was hilarious. Reigns was just dick to him and Bryan wasn’t having it, it was great. I would be curious to see how this “clash” evolves. It could be a fair way to end a very difficult year. We’ll see what happens. In the meantime, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well you see the state of affairs. Whole thing is getting renovated. There’s a lot of “mold” and “rot”. They may have to strip to the bare bones due to the shoddy construction of past years. This time around, they've got to build this puppy to last. If they really want it to last forever, that is.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments