Survivor Series 2020!!!!

Happy Survivor Series, Enthusiasts!

 

Excited for the show? Well, I can’t say I am per se but as usual, curiosity gets the best of me. The only reason is well, we all know the WWE track record. People get all hot and bothered for something only to get massively disappointed in the end. I’m never really geared up for anything anymore. I just sit back and see if I’m impressed. As I’ve been saying, there’s plenty of talent, little to no vision. So, we’ll see who manages to make something out of nothing tonight.

 

So, also as usual, I won’t run down the entire show just the matches that have caught my interest, the first one being the Ladies’ 5-on-5. I’m intrigued by this due to the eclectic mix of ladies, especially on the SmackDown side. Both teams are relatively fresh. Natalya is the only real veteran participating. Nia Jax and Bayley aren’t exactly new but this is more or less the new school in effect. The Ladies have made it clear that even though they’re under-utilized, they make the most of their appearances. We may not be anticipating much with this match but we can safely expect a solid showing. The Ladies have been bringing it and know how to bring it so, I doubt we’ll be disappointed.

 

Something that stands out a little bit about this Survivor Series is the focus on “Champions vs. Champions”. They may have used this backdrop before but I don’t recall it being this prevalent. The match-up that surprised me by gaining my interest is the Tag Team Champions match with The New Day vs. The Street Profits. This is more due to the past SmackDown because The New Day was particularly salty. I’m not sure if they were mad at Sami Zayn or just making it clear that they’re Heels this time around. It’s hard to say but it seemed a little pointed even for shit talk. That’s another theme I’ve noticed this time around as well. Who’s the “Heel” and who’s the “Face” is being more clearly defined. Perhaps this is some sort of push to get back to basics which I don’t mind. I appreciate the effort and hopefully The New Day didn’t give away the ending by trying make it clear they’re not so nice anymore.

 

So that brings us to the final match on my mind, Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns. This is the one everyone is salivating over which puts a little pressure on these gentlemen. I don’t doubt they can rise to the challenge but will they? We’ll have to wait and see but given how SmackDown played out, Reigns is doing a great job of being heelishly delusional. Yet, in this case, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be the loser. McIntyre appears to be coming in as the “Face” but he’s also a “psychopath”. Yes, I see the effort to move away from that phrasing given its negative connotations but given McIntyre’s performance thus far, he’s been the epitome of psychopathic. He’s elitist, egotistical definitely has some sort of agenda. If those aren’t traits of a psychopath, I don’t know what they are. Psychopaths are also notorious for being able to manipulate a situation. If Reigns stays “in his head” as much as he’s been, that may be the path to a McIntyre victory. Yet, we also have to respect the potential for a “wild card” factor to go into effect. With Bray Wyatt and The Miz with no official action planned outside of maybe the Kick-off Battle Royale, they could make their presence known at an “inopportune moment”. Well, you know me. My pick would be for The Miz in this instance because in that case, Reigns and McIntyre could team up to kick his ass. What’s true for the both of them is that they’re so caught up in their egos they couldn’t allow The Miz to show them up. That’s just the line! They’d both lose it. The Fiend on the other hand, I’d doubt either one would buy so that would just result in an awkward stare-down. Just my 2¢.

  

And so, that’s what we got to look forward to, Enthusiasts. As always, who knows how it will go down but if they relax and have fun out there, we shouldn’t want our money back. That’s all I really hope for these days. Hell in a Cell left me at a bit of a loss but I wouldn’t say it was bad it was just…what it was. Survivor Series is a little different because the name of the game is bragging rights. People can be a little looser and focus on saving face which can be a lot of fun. I hope that’s all that happens in the end. People just loosen up and go for it. That’s all they really gotta do. We’ll see who lets it fly best. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well we’ll see who’s nice and loose too. That’s the best way to get the laughs.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments