SmackDown Gives Us a Lift to Survivor Series...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

Everyone still hanging in there? Kinda have no choice, right? Well, the WWE Universe has some news circulating. I just find it interesting that it revolves primarily around alumni. The first bit of big news is Renée Paquette is with child. I was watching AEW when Jon Moxley casually dropped the news. If I was drinking something, I would have spit it out. There was actually a tweet of Paquette’s that came through my feed a few months ago when she declared she just threw up. Naturally, everyone supposed it was morning sickness. Looks like the assumptions may have been correct or at the very least it was a sort of foreshadowing. Regardless, I’m nothing but happy for them. To be honest, this sort of thing I hope paves the way for the both of them to return to WWE but for now, let us just wish them well.

 

The other overlying theme of this week besides Survivor Series is The Undertaker. This marks his 30 years in the business as well. I was even tasked with writing an article on him for this week. I never really got The Undertaker. It was all a little much for me. I just couldn’t suspend my disbelief but I always respected the man. Can’t say he couldn’t kick my ass but all the hocus pocus isn’t necessary for that. Who I do love is Kane. Now for those familiar with my blog, they know I refer to him as “Dad” because to me, that’s how he should have been used. He’s still ginormous and looks good so, if he doesn’t get reelected to his mayoral duties in Knoxville, I say he should come back and go out the way he should have been used. Coming out and knocking around the kids. I know WWE tends to use the veterans as jobbers but I think that’s a misuse when it comes to Dad, always have. The main reason being, he can still just kick most of the rosters’ ass. We can see he’s throwing the match. WWE needs to consider being less stubborn. Doing it their way doesn’t mean it’s always effective. They should be more concerned with what works.

 

Dad can still put a foot up it with authority. If they want to catch him out, have the kids smarten up and run away. Dad is still old school in the sense that he lumbers a bit too much to chase anyone down. If they don’t want to catch a beating, they better not let him get a hold of them. I’d believe that until Dad wants to hang it up for good. All he needs to do is to get into shape. I know, not easy at his age but he’d only really just have to tone up. He’s so big, that does a lot of the work for him anyway. Getting healthy couldn’t hurt. I’m just saying. I’d love to see Dad become a “Director of Operations” again. And this time around, he’s not fucking around. These fucking kids are gonna get what’s coming to ‘em. Anyone starts acting up, they get a taste of Kane to shut ‘em up. Maybe 20-25% of the time someone gets the best of him but more often than not, a wrestler shouldn’t want to see Dad stomping down the ramp. And when he’s done, he can go down to Braun Strowman and he could assume the duties. I’d be more than fine with that. Strowman may be too nice of a guy to do what the WWE would like him to do but in an enforcer kind of roll, he has more space to have fun with it. Really develop the whole “Get these hands…” angle. That’s what I’d do.

 

Anyway, let’s take a look at tonight’s SmackDown. It’s the Go Home Show for a milestone Survivor Series. We’re supposed to get the contract signing between Drew McIntyre and Roman Reigns so, we’ll see if that deteriorates into madness. Daniel Bryan is supposed to return. There are still some spots on the SmackDown Team that need to be filled, sure they’ll get to that. And Buddy Murphy is going to use his first name again against Seth Rollins. Should be a packed couple of hours. Let’s see if they get it right. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes well, be shrewd. It’s Go Home so there should be a game plan. More is being expected of SmackDown so don’t feel bad about a little nitpicking. If they’ve done their job, they shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments