RAW Attempts to Show They Can Clean-Up After Themselves...

A Good Evening to You, Enthusiasts?


How are you doing? It’s all a bit different but the same, isn’t it? Personally, I’m surprised that Joe Biden won the election. I was prepared for the worst in a Trump re-election. Almost don’t know what to do with it. I try to keep politics out of the blog and stuff just for a sort of peace of mind. I look at my joy of wrestling as an escape. Yet, every now and then, it’s good to just voice an opinion. Here’s what I’ll say on the current state of affairs. Take note of how close this election was. Half the populous wants to keep things “The Old Way”. No one should be surprised that the majority of the Red States remained red. All that says to me is one should be aware if one ever travels this country. Be mindful of where you are going to. Be it blue or red state, the people there want it that way. Book your reservations wisely.


All right, back to wrasslin’ so, we’ll start with Paige this week. Poor thing. She’s having a bit of a tough go, isn’t she? Well, blessings to her. I’m just glad that property invasion was the worst of it. What is with people showing up at lady wrestlers’ homes?! It just goes to show that this place is full of crazies. From what I read, the perpetrator was citing that he was following “signs” to Paige’s home? I don’t even want to know what that’s supposed to mean. Take care, performers. It may be a good time to rethink your security measures.


Another point I wanted to touch on was Jon Moxley’s match for AEW’s Full Gear against Eddie Kingston. I’m not familiar with Kingston. I hear he’s been in it for a minute but he cracks me up. To look at him, it looks like he just decided to wrestle one day while out having pizza with his boys. “Hey yo, I can do dat…” New York accent all thick. Just shows up at AEW the next day, “Hey! Who I gotta talk to around here? I wanna wrestle…” Anyway, the point I’m getting to is that though there is a market for the “hardcore match” I just feel it is becoming increasingly outdated. Let’s admit that wrestling has a habit of attracting a questionable element. With people more cognizant of mental health issues and toxic behavior, I just feel once the barbed wire and tacks come out, that is catering to all the sadists out there. I guess it can serve as an outlet for those who would physically act out on others, but you see what I’m getting at? I have a hard time watching 2 people hurt themselves for sport. Now, I know it looks worse than it is but still, it’s the principle of the matter. I watch wrestling the same reason I watch action flicks. I like the action, I don’t need blood spilt. I hope everyone goes home with no more than a few bumps and bruises. I don’t want to see 2 men “torture” one another. I was more than happy with them knocking the shit out of each other. I have a suspicion that Moxley has a masochistic streak. That may have been the tipping point in his decision to go to AEW. He can go back to the hardcore fun. WWE offers a good rough-housing. I can see the use in that. I’ve had a good tussle in my day. It’s harmless. We all know we don’t want to get real hurt. No one wants to have to go get Mom. AEW has one guys' Mom yelling at the other’s. Why wasn’t someone watching so it didn’t get too out of hand! Takes all the fun out of it for me. I get it, though. They’re trying to add gravitas. Well, I rather they just need a Band-Aid for all the trouble. Call me soft.

 

The final bit of wrestling news that caught my eye was that Jey Uso has a kayfabe interview circulating. Now, I know I sound like I don’t like this Bloodline storyline but that’s not quite true. I see the potential; I just fear they may be going too fast too soon. With all the supposed backstory, there’s a chance of getting caught out trying to sell the overall story. At Hell in the Cell, I would’ve preferred more wrestling action as opposed to the family drama. I know they’re not thespians. I’m not expecting that much from them. All I’m looking for is a coherent storyline to validate the match. Last week’s SmackDown was promising for the Bloodline’s development but I don’t think Jey had to take the hard left he did. All of a sudden he’s growing cold and dark due to the pressures of the family. I applaud the effort of character development but will the story keep up? They have to pace themselves as if for a marathon. Jey appears to be sprinting. At this rate, he’ll cramp up soon. As you can see, WWE is “Then, Now and Forever”. How’s the Bloodline supposed to keep up if they exhaust themselves by the end of the year? I’m glad Jey is going for that Emmy. Just make sure the story calls for it first. It’s hard for me to believe they’re there just yet and if they’re really smart, they wouldn’t want to be. They need to be prepping for the long haul. Let’s hope Jey has an endgame in sight.

 

So that brings us to tonight’s, RAW. The newly coined Riddle has himself a Triple Threat with Jeff Hardy and Elias for the last spot on the Survivor Series Team. Rumor has it, fans may not like the ending. Nothing new for WWE. And Drew McIntyre will see if he enjoys a “Moment of Bliss”. Oh boy, am I going to be talking extra shit tonight? We will see. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes well, there’s a good chance there will be plenty to work with. Try to make the most of it. Don’t force it. Relax and shoot from the hip. That’s how you get the good zingers.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments