Looks Like SmackDown Is Back on Clean-Up Duty...

 How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

Man, this country… And people wonder why the world thinks Americans are stupid. But I’m sure you’ve heard enough about politics so let’s get into our escape pastime.

So, I look around and look around and I notice that Jon Moxley is kindly doing fans like me a solid. He spoke to Sporting News recently in regards to treating wrestling fans with more respect. You know, there have been plenty of times that I’ve questioned doing this blog. If you look through my history, you’ll see that I’ve even stopped it or changed the format. It’s definitely not the way it started but that came from my expanding understanding of WWE and pro-wrestling in general. I did take it a little too seriously at first. But as I began to realize that my calls for better content were unrealistic I eased my stance. Understand, I’ve consistently watched RAW and SmackDown for the past 6 years. If they knew how to create better content, they’d be doing it. We all have to accept that they do not know how to best present their product. Yet, that doesn’t mean they’re not trying. We have to be patient if we are to remain fans. If that’s too much for you, check in on a monthly and/or yearly basis to see if there’s any improvement. Given how unfocused they are, that may be some time. I appreciate that Moxley sees that we’re not all a bunch of dolts. We’re predominantly fanboys and girls now. We watch better shit regularly. Whether WWE realizes it or not, they need to up their game and by a lot.

In other news, I caught a little bit of AEW this week and I have to commend PAC’s vignette. It was very well done. Now, I’m not going to say AEW is better than WWE but they do appear to approach story-telling more effectively. So, good on them. It’s not all gold but it definitely comes off more inspired. WWE should take some notes.

The only other talking point I have is that my latest article is up. This one caught a little heat. Not everyone appreciates my views on Roman Reigns and The Rock at WrestleMania. Well, I just call it like I see it. If someone else has some counter evidence, send it my way. In the meantime, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes well, SmackDown has been getting it more right than RAW recently but, we always know that it’s a crapshoot no matter what. If it starts to go south, say so. We have to show them the way.

 


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments