SmackDown Sticks to Fallout Procedures...

Merry Christmas, Enthusiasts!

  

Though there may be less people around that doesn’t mean there should be any less festivity. I had my annual feast of Chinese food and now I’m ready for some wrasslin’.

  

So, in terms of news in the wrestling world, there’s not too much going on. AEW and NXT both took ratings hits due to real sports being on at the same time. I looked in on both this week and it’s very interesting to see the contrast. I respect NXT but a lot of those guys will have a tough time if they try to go to WWE, The Undisputed Era especially. I don’t doubt they’re skilled wrestlers but they’re far from intimidating. I’m pretty sure Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez could take them on in a fight. I kinda think I could take ‘em too. That doesn’t bode well for making it on the big stage. WWE fans are more like the real world. For example, remember when The Shield would walk through the crowd to the ring? As much as Roman Reigns was given shit back then, when they walked through, he was always left alone. Meaning fans would show respect because more than likely he could kick someone’s ass, even if his wrestling was so-so. The Undisputed Era would get mistook for fellow fans. If a person reads as initimidating in real life, then there’s a good chance s/he could work in WWE. We have to see what all the fuss is about.

  

Conversely, AEW is becoming more and more what it is, a place for wrestlers to go when they don’t work in WWE. As I’ve said before, the whole thing looks like a mid-card show to me. It might as well be a second Main Event. I know that will seem like sacrilege to some but it’s true. The content can be just as corny. The wrestling is pretty much the same level. The only difference is that the wrestlers are coming up with their own content. This is more of an indication of the truth with these guys. They’re talented but they just don’t have “It”. This is one of the main reasons I think Jon Moxley is misplaced. I understand why he left WWE but the reality is that there really isn’t anywhere else to go to pull down the paycheck and have the chance at “greatness”. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope for his return.

 

The other thing that caught my eye recently is that Chris Jericho has been getting flak for rocking that Dad Bod. He has let himself go. Let’s not lie but if he’s fine with it so be it. He’s got nothing to prove and knows it. The only thing one could say is that he’s not getting any younger. It may be a good idea to trim up just for his health. I know he still gets out there and works but come on. No one is trying to see that naked.

 

Anyway, let’s get to tonight’s Christmas SmackDown. It appears that the customary Fallout will be more traditional on this show. Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens will box again for the title, this time in a Steel Cage. Let’s hope they’ll move on next week. Asuka and Charlotte Flair are going to throw up the Tag Team titles in a triple threat Elimination Match for some crossover action. And Big E and Sami Zayn will trade hands for the Intercontinental Title. We’ll have to wait and see who fills in the blanks. Funny tweets get retweeted and for Likes, well I expect many to be caught up in the Holidays with who they can celebrate with so, I’m not expecting much but if someone proves witty, I’ll Like it and retweet it so that it gets around. Good on you if you manage it.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments