Royal Rumble 2021

A Merry Royal Rumble to You, Enthusiasts!

 

Are you ready for tonight’s action? You better get in the mood ‘cause it’s all about to go down! There’s too much up in the air to focus on all of it but I will get into some of the speculations going around.

 

So, personally, I get the feeling that a lot of what’s currently in play will not be valid come Sunday. I just think WWE may be trying to get in front of us and is saying one thing but may end up doing something completely else. I see this for Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens and for Goldberg and Drew McIntyre. For Reigns and Owens I feel they may go this route because this is going to be like the 3rd showdown in like, 6 weeks. And for Goldberg and McIntyre, no one really wants to see it or at least, no one wants to see Goldberg win. WWE may be setting us up for a bait and switch just to nullify fan disapproval. WWE doesn’t like to lose face, no one does and for the most part, they have to demonstrate that they do in fact know what they’re doing. Given this new deal with NBC, it would be naïve to think that they aren’t trying to reestablish their dominance. Fans have been voicing for some time that WWE is simply incapable of doing what they once did with ease, creating stars and pulling in fan interest. The landscape has certainly changed but I wouldn’t think WWE has any intention of throwing in the towel. Getting in front of us on these somewhat contested showdowns would cause fans to second guess their statements. They’re just talking without knowing what’s going on. Can’t say I wouldn’t use a similar tactic to regain some street-cred.

 

As for the Female and Male Rumbles, I won’t dare contemplate the winners but many people have opinions. For the Ladies, there a lot of possibilities but the general consensus is looking more at Bianca BelAir. Given her strong showings on SmackDown, she’s making it clear that she’s a valid contender. Some feel that Charlotte Flair will continue to be pushed as the best of the best and will be granted the win to keep her in title hunts. Alexa Bliss is being kicked around since she’s now carrying this “Fiend”-ish gimmick yet, I would question that. Mainly because even though people seem to like her no matter what, the gimmick still has a lot to be desired and her being cute isn’t enough to carry it over time. Someone I wouldn’t mind winning is Rhea Ripley. Everyone is pretty sure she’s getting called up and this Sunday would be a great time to debut by charging down the ramp. I don’t know if she wins it but I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s one of the last ones standing. She’s been impressive on NXT and she seems ready to add a new level of intrigue to the women’s roster. I’m all for it.

 

Going over to the Men, most would say it’s going to Daniel Bryan just ‘cause it’s still on his To-Do List. Bryan has been open about his status. He’s fine with winding his career down and clearing the way for new talent but there are still a few things he has yet to achieve. If he doesn’t take the Rumble this year, he’ll probably do so in the next 2-3 years. I wouldn’t blame him for waiting for a full-capacity crowd.

 

Edge is another big possibility. I love his sage reimagining. Having learned to actually act, he’s killing it on promos. Everyone should aspire towards that caliber of performance. He also doesn’t have a lot of matches left in him so, I wouldn’t be upset if he scrappily comes away with a win.

 

Braun Strowman made a fun splash returning to action on Friday. He’s lean, mean and ready for action. Will he steamroll his way to domination on Sunday? It’s not impossible but I would think WWE would throw in some twists and turns first. He’s a believable possibility but I wouldn’t say he’s a fan favorite.

 

And then, there’s the large possibility of WWE sticking to their usual guns. Does anyone think that Brock Lesnar will make an appearance tonight? There’s no real reason to do this other than they have him on contract and can use him. This could rub fans the wrong way. Though, I like the potential intrigue his sudden return could indicate for the Reigns/Paul Heyman story I doubt fans would appreciate his return and even less his winning. If they pull the trigger on an angle like this, they better have the long-range view in mind. A flippant move like that could very easily backfire and blow up in their face.

 

So, those are my 2¢. I’ll just be tuning in and enjoying the show. I’m going to stick to my guns and say that I think the WWE is gonna try to keep us guessing this time around. I got no problem with it. I’d love to see if they can be clever. We’ll see if we get pleasantly surprised.  That won’t keep me from talking shit, though. Funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Likes, well let’s have some fun tonight. Let loose. Don’t be mean but if they give you ammo to be funny, go ahead, load up and fire. This is supposed to be a great night. Let’s do our part to make it so.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 








Comments