No Pressure. RAW Airs Live Across the USA...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Enjoying the Olympics? It’s different without the fans but at least the employees/volunteers, athletes and everyone else who can are watching. Maybe press too. There’s some scant participation but it is strange. This is the first Olympics I haven’t been glued to the TV for. Last Olympics I had it on all day every day until the Closing Ceremony. This time around, I’m just checking in from time to time, catching up here and there. It’s weird. But I kinda get it. They postponed and the Winter Olympics are next year. Gotta knock it out now or never.

 

Well, as far as the wrestling world goes there are a few things going on. It’s not as thought-provoking as the recent rumors but it’s something.

 

First bit that stuck out was word is that Jeff Hardy caught the COVID. Now, if he’s sick with it or just tested positive hasn’t been confirmed or denied just yet but my first thought is how real is this? It’s believable if he’s positive. That’s the crux of things reopening. The virus didn’t go away, we just may be generally better prepared for it. Though there’s this Delta variant floating around and a Lambda on its heels that’s just proof that we may have to live with this cold on steroids. Someone’s bound to catch it but at the same time, that’s why I kinda challenge it. I don’t need to be right here it’s just given the timing, it seems more strategic than bum luck but who knows. This industry makes you paranoid.

 

But that does take me to the next bit of talk circulating. A lot of people didn’t like Karrion Kross’ debut. No Scarlet, no smoke machine, what was the point? Well, if he showed up on NXT after there should be a longer range plan but you never know with WWE. They could just drop it altogether. It did seem a bit premature, to be honest. Maybe the idea was to have a counter for Finn Bálor come Survivor Series. Make it seem like Kross will hunt him down for all eternity or something. I don’t know. It’s just we know how flippant WWE can be. They just say eff-it and go to the next one on the call-up list. We shall see. All I’m gonna say is that if they keep Kross on the main roster, they need to figure out the smoke machine entrance. So far, that’s the best thing about him.

 

So that kinda brings us to tonight. This is going to be the first of 2 special RAWs because it’s airing live on both coasts due to the Olympics. Thankfully, I’ll be able to watch. It’s kinda weird. It switches up my whole night. I’ll be done by 8pm. I can do other things. Since my household cut the cord, I can watch live if I so please but I prefer the 8pm airing. Wraps up my night kinda thing. Now, I have to fill it with something else.

 

In any case, RAW will address some questions tonight. Nikki “ASH” Cross has her sights set on some dream contenders. She wants Becky Lynch. Charlotte and Rhea Ripley may have some things to say about that. Will Lynch oblige us with a promo? The Viking Raiders make another play for the Tag Team Titles. And will Bobby Lashley squash all this Goldberg noise? Roman Reigns said no thank you, why can’t he? We’ll have to tune in and see. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. We can see that RAW is trying. SmackDown was quite solid. It’s going in a direction I always thought they should have gone in. Challenging times are knocking some sense into people. That’s usually what it takes. Don’t let them have it unless they deserve it.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments