And Now, Money in the Bank...

A Good Sunday to You, Enthusiasts!

      

It’s Money in the Bank and again, it feels like all others no longer matter. Now, when I say that, it doesn’t mean they have no weight. They serve as WWE history so there’s importance but given everything, they don’t seem very relevant. We are in a new space. The pandemic has changed the landscape and WWE’s recent moves have definitely also changed it. It definitely feels more like that was then and this is now. It’s kind of exciting. It’s been the same for so long and now it really feels reset. This is a new beginning, my friends whether anyone realizes it or not.

 

But enough pontificating. It is Money in the Bank just the same and it’s harder than ever to decipher what may happen. With fans back and AEW creeping up, WWE has true incentive to up its game and this gives us, the fans, plenty to look forward to and it couldn’t have come at a better time.

 

WWE has been getting thoroughly dragged on Social Media. Mainly due to RAW being a joke but having heard Paul Heyman is leaving Talking Smack, it sounds like his talents are going to be used to help correct the WWE course. This stuff may just become watchable. SmackDown proves that it is possible and I can’t say I haven’t been praying for the day. We’ll see if it is finally upon us.

 

MITB has a lot of “surprises” we hear so, we can’t fully talk about what may happen anyway but I will chat about the matches that have my interest and to start, it’s Edge vs. Roman Reigns. I think we’re generally agreed that Uncle Edge probably won’t win but that doesn’t mean he loses either. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends in disqualification or some sort of hijinks. Edge has been looking strong on TV but we all know there’s a game-plan in effect. The trick is keeping it interesting for its duration. I think he’ll bring it to Reigns. I’m expecting the match to have some peaks and valleys. Edge isn’t trying to waste his time and I expect him to generally dictate play in this match. Yet, Reigns is the stallion here so, I expect him to rely on physical prowess in the end. We may not like it but Edge is past his prime. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have anything left in the tank but he’s sneaking up on 50. I get the feeling is if Reigns doesn’t play punk and DQ the match, he just ups and checks Edge and hands him his ass. We are a fighting people and we can’t help but understand that. Whatever they end up doing, all they really have to do is have fun doing it. We shouldn’t be disappointed.

 

Looking at the card, the only other matches I’m interested in are the MITB Matches. I’ll watch the whole show but those matches are going to have to prove themselves, so to speak. I think we generally know what to expect so, it will be on them to impress. We’ll see if it happens. As for the MITB matches, I’ll start with the ladies because it’s doubtful they close. Our players are Asuka, Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Liv Morgan, Naomi, Natalya, Tamina and Zelina Vega. This could go a few ways. Fans and Social Media’s vote is for Liv Morgan. The crowds have certainly helped her. She’s gone from bratty Kewpie to determined Kewpie and she wants to be taken seriously. It could happen if she locks down her new finisher. Add a little more spice to the sweetness and you may have something. We’ll see if she wins us over.

 

Nikki Cross also has fan appeal. She won me over right from the start. But with all this talk about mental health, WWE can’t exactly have her running around “crazy”. That’s a bit of what I meant about that being then and this being now. Social consciousness is changing and strangely enough it’s becoming more considerate and conservative. Not offending is a big deal and hard to manage because the WWE Universe is a place where many of us revel in our lesser traits. I think we’re all agreed in loving Cross going buck wild but what WWE is having a problem with is giving her valid motivation to be off her rocker. I think that’s why we’re getting this Halloween costume gimmick. As I’ve said before, it’s best to let wrestlers be honest. She’s a feisty little lady and that’s fine. Perhaps the gimmick could be that. She does an Anger Management sort of thing and tries to keep her inclinations under control. Maybe they bring in an on-site counselor type that gives her techniques to stay calm that sometimes fail. It all depends on whether she’s a heel or face.

 

This counselor could evolve as well and give us some story/comedic relief as wrestlers come in with their problems. I know they’ve done bits like this before but I’m thinking they make it more like this is coming from HR sort of thing. It is their obligation to ensure wrestlers’ safety and health. Mental health is included type deal. It shouldn’t be mandatory but it could give wrestlers something to work with when it comes to character building, should they need the help. Just throwing it out there.

 

Who I am low-key rooting for is Zelina Vega. You all know I think they fucked up with letting Aleister/Malakai Black go. I know I’m not the only one but I also know that people often come back. Yes, I know Black said he’s in no mood but if WWE paves the way, there could be a good chance.

 

The one thing we have to all admit is that AEW just doesn’t have the production values that WWE has. WWE is kinda proving that, big time, with their dual city SmackDown planned for next week. Black has the potential to go mainstream and I doubt he’d be able to achieve that with AEW. He certainly could with WWE. So, we’ll see if Black is more about the love of the game or doesn’t mind making money. I’m always of the mindset, why not both. WWE will probably let him have general free reign, especially since they fucked up. I’m sure the only disconnects would be on technical/political matters. The networks don’t like that. The stadium won’t allow this, sort of thing.

 

Vega also would make it interesting. She knows how to run her mouth and can have a decent tussle so I can see her strutting around with the briefcase for a while as she waits to ruin someone’s day. I’m all for it.

 

When it comes to the Men, we have Big E, Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Ricochet, Riddle and Seth Rollins. Now, this is a tough one and I’m sure they’re going to make it a cliffhanger but there’s that game-plan in place. It really only makes sense for Rollins to win the MITB Briefcase if Edge has the title if they’re really set for Summer Slam. Rollins is the Architect however so, if he wins MITB, then he might just “change the script” and make Rollins vs. Reigns the Summer Slam main event. There is history as well because Reigns has been cashed-in on before by his brother from another mother. Could this be what completes that unfinished business?

 

All I’m saying is as the Architect, everything Rollins puts into motion should serve some purpose. He does not make “will-nilly” moves. It’s all to achieve a goal. Rollins makes it seem like his beef with Edge is kinda personal, but he should act with more intention. Goal is the title. If he has a chance he’s gonna gun for it. Feuds can wait.

 

I would say Big E, Nakamura and Ricochet are the fan favorites. I wouldn’t mind either one of them with it. All I’ll say is if Nakamura wins it, he has to abdicate the King of the Ring crown. That’s like double-belting it in a way. Not that he doesn’t deserve the accolades but I think at this point, there’s enough talent to use, especially if there are going to be NXT call-ups. Give people something to do. King of the Ring Tournament makes a lot of sense.

 

My MITB vote for winner goes to Kevin Owens. He’s such a punk. I think he’d have a great time rubbing it in people’s faces. He’d take his sweet time dropping it too. Probably wait until WrestleMania. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up on RAW after the Draft as well so, that would give him another title to shoot for while Reigns continues to sit pretty until word on the Rock is a go. I think he’s the best choice as far as entertainment goes. We’ll see what really goes down.

 

So, those are my 2¢. I think it’s gonna be fun regardless with the fans. Take a good look at what happens with Alexa Bliss. A live audience changes things. Let’s see if her shtick takes. This is a good reset, enthusiasts. Everything feels more out in the open. No one can really deny what came to light and that is an empowering feeling. We, for the time being, know what’s what. They need us, way more than we need them. Let’s see if they start to respect that.

 

Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let’s see what this show gives us to work with. There have been some good ones floating through. I find myself retweeting more than usual. Can’t say if I have any real influence but it’s nice to see some material to work with. Give it a try and keep it going. You’ll see. It’s fun once you get the hang of it.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments