RAW Opens 2022...

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

 

Did you enjoy Day 1? Strangely familiar, wasn’t it 😉 But that doesn’t mean it was bad. It oddly accounted for itself with the supposed positive COVID testing of Roman Reigns. The plan upended, WWE makes do. I find this suspect but I have no theory as for the “work” of a positive COVID test so, I will accept what I’m being told but I don’t think it’s the truth but that is just a hunch.

 

Doesn’t mean something didn’t come up but I don’t fully believe it’s COVID a mishap or tummy trouble maybe but I don’t think we’re being given full disclosure. Regardless, Day 1 was a respectable event. The Twitter was saying how WWE doesn’t intend to use the term “Pay-Per-View” anymore. We are now witnessing “Premiere Live Events”. I guess that’s more in-line with the times. We don’t exactly pay per view anymore. We either get the subscription or watch the YouTube upload the next day. Fair enough.

 

In any case, Day 1 was palatable, as I was getting to. The New Day and The Usos had the match of the night, hands down. The only thing there is that you don’t really need anyone to tell you that. They tend to nail their matches no matter how anyone feels about it and last Saturday night was no different.

 

Liv Morgan gave a valiant effort but I personally don’t think she’s ready for a title yet. To be honest, I think she kinda needs to grow up. Not that she’s immature it’s just she kinda reads like a kid. She isn’t 30 yet and though some may feel she’s more than ready for many, it takes at least hitting 30 to make sense of this world, WWE Universe included or not. I doubt fans will appreciate having to wait years for Morgan to age up so we’ll see if she can get up to speed in 2022. My suggestion, don’t push her. They need to give her some fun angles. Perhaps she should face Bayley when she gets back. There may be a way to ease her into the proverbial pool.

 

I would have to say a pleasant surprise was Beth Phoenix returning to the scene. I heard that some sort of angle with her was getting kicked around. I’m all for it. As I keep saying on the Twitter, I think she has to face Seth Rollins at some point. I don’t see a face-off with Becky Lynch mainly because I don’t see Lynch taking Phoenix. Lynch is kinda slight and we all know the Glamazon is no waif. Lynch winning believably is the key in that scenario if WWE wants to give it to her. As much as I love seeing Phoenix active, I don’t know how long it lasts. I’m not sure she even needs Edge to take on The Miz and Maryse. We’ll see how this all plays out.

 

As for the main event, it was kinda quick. It seemed like a blur and then all of sudden Brock Lesnar won. I was expecting them to take their time with it but they closed it out like NBC was waving for them to wrap it up. Didn’t think they had time constraints. I’m not upset with it but here again WWE appears to be fucking with us. Now, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing if they have an entertaining game plan. So far, it looks like they’re sticking to doing the same. Is WWE plunging into a state of insanity? Well, not if they want to make profits. Whatever they’re cooking up, it merely has to work. If it works, those who can see that shut-up, if it doesn’t, the bad press keeps coming. It’s as simple as that. Commenters were pretty fair with Day 1. So, there’s hope for WWE. If they manage to stay ahead of We the Audience, they may just get the last laugh. We’re a ways away from that outcome, though. This year has only begun.

 

And so that brings us to the Fallout slated for tonight’s RAW. It looks like a repeat on paper. Dolph Ziggler will face Damien Priest for the 15th time for the US Title. We’ll see if Omos tidied up his act enough to battle AJ Styles and there will be a Fatal-4-Way with last night’s title challengers. Naturally, they will be battling for the #1 Contender status to face Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble. Early talk has the nod going to Bobby Lashley but we’ll see what comes to pass. In the meantime, Lesnar will open the night’s festivities and they’ll take it from there. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let’s see what they got.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments