SmackDown Lays the Final Piece Down for the Royal Rumble...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Going well? I sure hope so. This is actually a good Friday so far so, let’s see if we can keep it going. Let’s get into what’s going around the wrestling world.

 

The first topic of interest is this Dan Hausen guy…or is it supposed to be “DanHausen”? AEW has acquired him and I, like many, don’t get him and not sure I’ll take the time to. I’m going to date myself here, but he reminds me of some offshoot of Man Servant Hecubus from Kids in the Hall, very un-terrifyingly evil. I’m not sure if he charms the same but I do recognize that comedy is his game. We’ll see if he puts out some good matches. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt in that case.

 

On the outskirts of the WWE Universe, there’s some talk going around that WWE reached out to Jeff Hardy to reclaim him. Word also is that Hardy basically said go to hell and show me my drug test results. The feeling is that they should be negative. Well, I suggested that it might have been tummy trouble when this all went down. I don’t blame him if he didn’t want to crap in front of a live audience, if that was the case. WWE should have done a little investigation before pulling the release trigger on one quite as engaging as Hardy. Strangely enough, he’s still got it and though he’s had problems in the past he has been making efforts to stay on the up-and-up. He’s got grounds to play hard to get. They may have to sweettalk him back and take their time. To be honest, a part of me hopes this is disinformation and he shows at the Royal Rumble, but I won’t hold my breath for that.

 

On the Royal Rumble note, another person I wouldn’t mind showing up is Cody Rhodes. Many say this would never happen but ever since AEW went live, I presumed they’d invade WWE at some point if they lasted. With Rhodes currently a “free agent” he can technically make an appearance and both WWE and AEW could test out the crossover appeal. There’s too much potential to not entertain the notion but the right approach is more important. Just slapping them together won’t be enough. That’s been the problem with recent years, no real forethought. There has to be some hints of intrigue. This could be the proverbial toe in the water. Hopefully, the water is nice.  

 

In any case, this brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. It’s a Go-Home Show and it’s a the first big one of the year. People have been saying that they’re not really hyped for The Rumble this year, but something tells me it will be a slow burn. WWE has to focus more on presenting a good show rather than advertising it. It’s kinda been the other way around in recent years and it has left fans disappointed in the product. Keeping the cards close gives us more of a chance to be pleasantly surprised. This evening, we can expect Naomi to finally box Sonya Deville. Whether it will be a fair match remains to be seen but it is officially on the docket. Big E. returns to pair with Kofi Kingston to face MadCap Moss and Baron Corbin. Outside of that, got to tune in and see. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let’s see what we get to work with. Don’t stay up too late, big day tomorrow.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments