SmackDown Shows Us What They Left Us With for Elimination Chamber...

 How’s Goes It, Enthusiasts?


I hope this start to the President’s Day weekend is treating you well. So, I won’t be talking about much ‘cause there isn’t that much going on but we all know the bomb that dropped this week. Let’s get right into it.



The not so surprising departure of Cody Rhodes from AEW made waves this week and to be honest, I don’t think this is a bad thing. Remember, we can easily conjecture that the whole reason AEW exists is due to a stark disconnect between Rhodes and WWE. I didn’t blame him because he was doing everything he could to make WWE’s crap work and they still didn’t give him credit for it. I would have bailed too. 



Yet, the reality for both sides came out in his doing so. AEW was founded and an alternative wrestling source came into being. Yet, that was just what happened. An alternative wrestling source came into being. Rhodes’ audience response proved what we already knew. He’s a “sports entertainer”, born and bred. Also, WWE has plenty to be desired but it does have some obvious strengths. It has high production values, a talented roster and a wealth of untapped potential. Rhodes probably always could come back “home” and I think he should. Perhaps a wrong can be righted here and for that I am hopeful. I saw him working his ass off. I know everyone doesn’t appreciate it but he puts in the work, hands down. Both sides should remain open minded and find a compromise that works for the both of them. I think the truth is just out in this case. I look forward to his return to WWE.



There is some other outside WWE news as word is EC3 and Braun Strowman are collaborating for their own wrestling outfit with a TV deal to boot. Commenters aren’t too enthusiastic but we’ll see what they do with it. With ROH on hiatus we’ll see if they manage to fill the void. I’ve never been an EC3 fan. I don’t mind Strowman but I’m not sure how he evolves at this point. To be honest, I think the best thing for him is to wait and see if he’s ever asked back to WWE. So, if this new venture keeps him in shape for that possibility, I’m all for it. I say this because he seems unrealized. I think he’s too nice to be a true “Monster Among Men” but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have something to offer. WWE would just have to let it manifest naturally. I’d keep him humorous but deadly. He is huge. There’s use for him if applied right.



In any case, let’s redirect back to tonight’s action. We have a pre-taped SmackDown to partake of tonight. Much of the roster is currently abroad for the Saudi Arabian Elimination Chamber. There are spoilers out there but for the most part, we get a contract signing to look forward to for the Ladies. Roman Reigns and Goldberg stare each other down and Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura will box for the Intercontinental Title. Let’s see if they light a fire for tomorrow but…don’t expect too much. It’s going to take them a while to find “It”. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Don’t hurt yourselves out there.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments