RAW Sends Us Home for BackLash....

 How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?


Well, I hope. It is Monday, after all. So, there’s some talk going around. Do you all want to get into it? Yeah, well why not.



So, the NXT releases may greet us every season according to the rumors floating through. This last set must be Spring’s Set. I suppose that means Summer is next? Again, I don’t often know who many of these people are so, it’s no big deal to me but harder core fans are getting vocal about this. Personally, I don’t really see the a big problem with this as long as the talent pool gets properly weeded out. What WWE wants to avoid is being too arbitrary. They want potential stars to feel they can become a potential star. If it’s a never-ending revolving door, that’s not going to happen. People have to be given an ample shot. Given time to improve and show everyone what they got. We all have to accept that most won’t be of “superstar” status. That’s just life. We all can’t be at the top but if they are continually finding the best of the best in whatever regard, no one will seriously complain. But if everyone underwhelms or rides in on nepotism, don’t be surprised if the interest continues to drift away. It’s on WWE to validate themselves here.



Speaking of releases, Roderick Strong apparently has asked to be released a few times but has yet to be cut loose. Here’s another guy I’ve heard of but know nothing about so I can’t fully comment. To look at him though, I see why he may prefer to jump ship. You don’t need me to tell you WWE prefers more menacing types. Strong looks like someone’s accountant. Not to say he can’t throw down but people wouldn’t expect it of him. So, right there, he has to work 3 times as hard just to get general interest because why can’t some schlub off the street kick his ass? That’s the main question everyone has to answer. What keeps them from getting their ass kicked, outside of booking? If it’s not obvious, you better sell it quick. Onlookers like me aren’t going to take that long to figure it out. You’ll either land or you won’t. 



AEW is far more forgiving. They prefer the Every Man. Why can’t you come off the street and kick ass? I’m not saying you can’t but you’ll have to “prove it”. I understand this because I’m not a small person. I’m not big either but there are plenty of smaller people, easier prey as I call them. So, I’m always sizing people up on TV. Let’s take it out of wrestling for a minute and just open it up to Entertainment. The Batman is out and of course I gave it a watch because I’m curious to see what Robert Pattinson does with it. Now, right there with this casting, I’m not exactly intimidated.  Pattinson doesn’t scare me, even if he did bulk up for the role. He’s not intimidating. He’d face the same problem as a Roderick Strong in the WWE Universe. As Batman, I have to kinda be convinced. In my opinion, Christian Bale is more convincing but to be honest, I’m always going to be partial to Michael Keaton. Not sure if Bale would work in WWE but Keaton definitely would because he’s got charisma for days and he’s hilarious. That’s basically how it breaks down. If you don’t have the look, you better have the personality or what’s the use of you? Pattinson was way moody but that was to be expected so, it’s all in what you’re looking for.



In any case, that basically brings us around to tonight’s RAW. It’s the Go Home Show for Backlash and The Bloodline will be in attendance for the festivities. The Tag Team Unification match is now a 6-Man-Tag and I suppose they will make that more official tonight. Asuka is also back so she’ll be starting some more business with Becky Lynch. As for everything else, we’ll have to tune in and see. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. If they’re going to make Backlash interesting, here’s where they should start. Let’s see what they do with it this time around. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments