RAW Stays Focused on Hell in a Cell...

How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

 

Good, I hope. It’s a so-so Monday for me so let’s get into the current rumblings. You’ll see they’re much the same.

 

So, it’s beginning to look more and more like this Naomi and Sasha Banks situation may have some actual weight. I’m still a little suspicious because neither Banks or Naomi have said much. Former Funk-a-dactyl, Cameron, suggests that Naomi is being manipulated somehow but those who peruse Wrestling News outlets know that she’s angling to get her old job back.

 

It’s hard to know what’s really going on but it’s hard to say if we’ll ever know. So far, WWE is acting like Banks and Naomi don’t want their jobs and have been withdrawing their merchandise. It’s a good sell for a work. Yet, when’s the last time WWE nailed a work like this? In my memory, it hasn’t been since Mark Henry fooled us on his early retirement years back. I’m not sure what to think but I have a hard time thinking it’s real. I feel if it’s real, these 2 ladies are a bit delusional.

 

I don’t doubt Banks could move on and be okay but it won’t be the same stage as WWE. I know it has a lot to be desired but I don’t think she proves anything by leaving. She just reinforces that “expendable” sentiment that WWE doesn’t seem to mind people believing. It also reinforces the idea that she’s manipulating Naomi who though has been slanging for about as long as Banks, doesn’t have half the clout. It paints a Jerry Maguire sort of walkout picture. Not sure that’s the sort of stand they would intend to make if this were real.

 

This is the main reason I’m having a hard time buying it all. It seems poorly thought out and ill-timed. I would think they’d have more general momentum to pull a stunt like this in real time. There should be more talk of bad business practices. More rumors of pay inequality, something to make taking a stand appear to have more merit. This whole thing comes off pissy and egotistical. That’s easier to segue into drama not an honest contract dispute. So, if this is true, these ladies may want to reconsider. They are not on a path to martyrdom.

 

On a side note, Roman Reigns is still talking like he may pack up for Hollywood at house shows. Personally, I don’t believe that either. Mainly because he hasn’t really even peaked yet. WWE hasn’t really reached its potential since the Attitude Era and for that reason, I feel this is all talk. If he thinks he’s come through and conquered, he has no idea what that means. The whole production forgot in that case as well. I think this is just Heel Delusion he’s perpetuating and if that’s the case, he’s just doing his job. That’s a start. He should try to accomplish way more before hanging it up. Hasn’t even gotten started if you ask me.

 

All right that, more or less, brings us to tonight’s RAW. The main event advertised is The Miz taking on Cody Rhodes. Becky Lynch is going to spin her loss to Asuka and Bobby Lashley isn’t quite through with Omos, don’t ask me why. Go Home shows for Hell in a Cell start next week so we’ll see if they drum up a little interest. That would be the thing to do but we all know WWE follows its own logic. Let’s see if they at least entertain. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Take it easy and see if you’re touched with inspiration.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments