RAW Will Take Your Memorial Day & Raise You Hell in a Cell...

Happy Memorial Day, Enthusiasts!

 

We’re in Go Home Territory for Hell in a Cell but we’ve got some wrestling news to toss around first. So, let’s get right into it.

 

We’ll start with the most prevalent news. MJF had everyone going as he bailed on his meet and greets to make it look like he was going on strike before he opened AEW’s PPV in a loss to Wardlow this past Sunday. When I first heard about this, I didn’t believe it for a minute because this kid likes to play the angles and tossing it all away due to a bloated ego seems like character work not true plot because if it were true plot, the kid’s an idiot and he doesn’t come off that way. It’s clear MJF is thinking about it and in the process is proving kayfabe is alive and well.

 

I would say it’s more in effect than general fans really admit. Sure, it’s all pre-determined but that doesn’t mean we know what’s actually going on regardless of how commenters act like they have the inside scoop. Accept that we don’t know anything. Even if we worked for AEW or WWE, we would probably be contractually obligated to act like we don’t know anything so when people start talking like they know what’s going on, remember that’s it’s just people acting like they know what’s going on nobody knows shit except for the parties involved.

 

I stick to what I see and what goes down. True, I’ll never know what’s up but I can deduce plenty by just watching what does go on and what is “confirmed”. You can glean plenty if you just observe. MJF never came off as stupid to me and if this were real, it’d be stupid. The kid proved me right. Got no complaints 😉

 

In other news, I didn’t comment on it last week but it looks like Charlotte and Andrade are official. Congratulations to them. Now, I’m not a big proponent of marriage. Given how it’s more likely to end in divorce, I don’t really see the point but to each their own. I’ll just say that Charlotte has been married like 18 times so, let’s hope this 19th try is the charm. Everyone owes me $20 though if they don’t make it to 2025.

 

On a side note to that news, Ric Flair’s “final match” sold out, I hear. Don’t know how to feel about that. It seems kinda morbid to me but that is the sort of element these sorts of spectacles can attract. I just hope no one gets hurt. I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy needs the money but jeez, he’s gotta have some memorabilia to auction off or something. I guess he’s waiting for later to do that. I’ll see what people say after. Not trying to see this. I rather 70+ year-olds go enjoy their retirement or work a non-taxing parttime job. Guess that’s unrealistic in this particular case.

 

That brings us to tonight’s RAW. As I said, it’s the Go Home Show for Hell in a Cell so, whatever 2nd to last push they have for it should go down now. So far, it doesn’t sound too bad. Bianca Belair and Asuka go at it to solidify the Triple Threat between themselves and Becky Lynch. Cody Rhodes has some words for Seth Rollins, fitting seeing how tonight’s events are in Iowa. Shinsuke Nakamura will pair with Riddle since Randy Orton submitted his time off for the Memorial Day Weekend. They’ll face The Usos to see if they can get a shot at the Tag Team Championship. And Omos and Bobby Lashley will remind everyone that they still have beef with some help from MVP. Not the most exciting lead up but we’ve definitely sat through worse. To be honest, shows have been pretty solid of late. I wouldn’t say they’ve been “must see” but I haven’t felt like I would be better off doing anything else of late so that is definitely a start. Let’s see if WWE can at least keep it going. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Keep a discerning eye. Like I said, the job is to get us excited for Hell in a Cell and to a lesser extent, set SmackDown up to close the deal. Feel free to call ‘em on it if they don’t understand the assignment.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments