It's Survivor Series + War Games!!!

And I have no idea what to expect. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. WWE has been crippled by its own monotony for years so I commend the experiment but that’s just it. This is a blatant experiment. If they’ve been done in the past, it’s been quite some time so, how it will land is the big question. 



To be honest, I think the key tonight may be to not try so hard and to make sure they have fun. I had the idea that they should come out with banners à la Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon but I would be satisfied with a digital version. The real thing does take time to make. 



My point is, due to the uncertainty of how this will go over, they should just aim to make a good time of it. They all know what they more or less have to do out there. They have to get us engaged in faux fisticuffs. Stick to the prime directive and it should be all right.



All that said, there are a couple matches I am curious about. The first of which is the SmackDown Women’s Championship match with Ronda Rousey and Shotzi Blackheart. As we can see, this is Blackheart’s big chance. I’ve seen a little of her on NXT and I know she can have a solid match but the big difference here is that she’ll be facing a real fighter and not a “pro-wrestler”. The clash of styles clash could make or break Blackheart. I’m sure she’s faced Shayna Baszler in the past but Baszler and Rousey have different styles. This will be a true test for Blackheart. I wish all the best.



So, the other match of interest is the Triple Threat against Bobby Lashley, Seth Rollins and Austin Theory. Here, Theory has a similar task to Blackheart but not nearly as much is riding on it. Theory has demonstrated he’s a solid performer so now, the question is how does he evolve. He can’t be a smarmy little shit forever. We have seen that he’s making an effort to mature out there but I don’t know how far he can actually take it. 



I keep stressing how there needs to be authenticity in the WWE Universe. And no matter what he does, he’ll be 12-18 to us until he’s like 35-36. That’s just how it goes in life. That’s why a person has to wait to be 35 until s/he can be President  of the United States. One should have had the minimum requirement of Life Experience by then. I think his best bet is to go along with that fact. No one said he couldn’t have fun with it, though. Let’s see if he keeps pace with the big boys.



Everyone else needs to keep it real out there and have fun. It’s the best way to go when the performance outcome is uncertain. They all have the chops. Will they put them to good use? That is always the question. Well, this is a time when some new eyes may get a look. So, it behooves WWE to put on another good show. Don’t try to cater to the fresh eyes. Do what it does expertly so that they understand why we come here.  That’s what I’d do. 



So, enjoy your Saturday. Enjoy the “carnage”. It’s really fun when it’s done right. That’s what I come for. 



See You in a Bit

Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments