RAW Holds the Survivor Series & War Games Fallout....

 How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?


Well, Survivor Series has come and gone and it was a good time from start to finish. It finally feels like WWE has found a respectable stride. Thought the day would never come. Don’t even have that much to complain about. 



The only real debate from the show is which match was Match of the Night. Most would say it was the Men’s War Games but I have to say I was partial to the Triple Threat between Bobby Lashley, Seth Rollins and Austin Theory. I didn’t anticipate it to be so entertaining and competitive. It was a lot of fun and definitely was the most exciting match of the evening. 



I don’t mind that Theory won because I get the feeling that will probably change tonight or next week but it put him on the trajectory to be taken seriously in the future. I don’t know how seriously because though he is yoked, he’s not the biggest fellow. We may still scoff at him for a bit but he’s demonstrating that he understands the assignment night in and out and no one can take that away from him.



The Men’s War Games Match wasn’t bad though and the ending had far more depth than I would have anticipated. I will just credit Sami Zayn for that. He seems a bit more learned than the average wrestler. WWE just has to watch not getting too soap opera-y. The way I think of it, we generally don’t want to “marry” this stuff. We’ll see it on the side no problem but the minute WWE asks for more commitment, we’re generally out of there and back to our more established interests. You can’t always take WWE out somewhere, you know 😉



Regardless, the main event was satisfying and intriguing as Zayn pledged his allegiance to the Bloodline even though the words Kevin Owens spoke aren’t untrue. All unions are eventually broken in the WWE Universe. No doubt the Bloodline will fracture but the whyfores and such have yet to be developed. Let them have fun in the meantime. I think the Bloodline needs to go ahead and acquire Tamina and keep an eye out for new recruits to be honest. That is if they plan on being a cohesive unit for the time being. If the break is coming sooner than later, then never mind.



The Ladies do get honorable mention for their efforts Saturday night. The Ladies’ War Games Match opened and I would say they earned their keep. Set a nice attainable tone for everyone else to follow. I also want to pat Shotzi Blackheart on the back for giving it a good go out there against Ronda Rousey. Never thought she would win but she sold going for it. I would say that’s all she really had to do, so mission accomplished. She’ll get her moment in the sun in the future.



So that pretty much brings us to tonight’s RAW Fallout. We’ll see all the consequences of Saturday night and get a few customary rematches for those who are unable or unwilling to subscribe to Peacock. Nothing specific appears to be advertised outside of Becky Lynch opening and the hook this week is that the 1st hour will be commercial free.  I wouldn’t say anything so engaging happened to require our full attention but I won’t knock it. We’ll see what they fill it with. I’ll still kick around on the Twitters as long as I can. Feel free to stop by if you think you’ve got some wit to share.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments