RAW Goes Home to Survivor Series / War Games... Whatever That Means....

Happy Monday, Enthusiasts!


I think I’ll mark Go-Home Weeks with that sort of salutation. So, how is everyone? Good, I hope. There are some things to talk about but I’ll only touch on a few of them. I’m picky when it comes to my wrasslin’.



We’ll start with AEW news as they had some press recently. Last week, it was confirmed that Chris Jericho was in fact “The Bride” on The Masked Singer.  It does sound like the audience wasn’t familiar but at least he got some mainstream attention.



Also in the AEW Realm, they had their Full Gear PPV last weekend. What stuck out to me was that on the polling of the best matches, the ones with WWE vets didn’t fair so well. This makes me wonder. 



I’ve voiced how I feel that AEW, though liberating in some ways for those who’ve come through WWE, is technically a step back. This comes from it being a new promotion. WWE may seem a little suffocated by its legacy but it has a legacy. It’s older than most of its fans. AEW seems to be refuge for all those who have grown tired of the unofficial monopoly that WWE has. 



Regardless, the point I’m making is that the bulk of those who have come over do not seem to be making any particular waves. I’m not seeing or hearing anything that would make me take a look much lesser consider making time. I wonder if those who have defected have inadvertently limited their potential with the move. 



I’ve speculated that this may be happening with Jon Moxley to some degree. It just so happens that there was some speculation concerning Jon Moxley this past week as his promo before Full Gear was a little all over the place but given what I saw and heard, AEW fans may be taking him and kayfabe a little too seriously. He sounded on brand to me but with the aftermath of CM Punk, frayed mental health may not be the best angle to represent. However, that’s what Moxley is for the most part. We love the “Lunatic Fringe” no matter what other monikers he goes by. So, Moxley may be finding that where he once found freedom, he’s now being boxed in again…not going to state yet what that could lead to 😉



In any case, in the WWE Universe we are currently preparing for Survivor Series but it will have a NXT chaser as it will be done with the War Games concept. I don’t know how to feel about this. I kinda like the Brand vs. Brand approach because it’s simple and allows the wilder personalities to let loose. This time around, people are creating teams and I’m just not sure how it will all play out. The uncertainty  makes it hard to get excited for. It won’t keep me from watching. I’ll be comfortable at home stuffed with leftovers so, I’ll be entertained somehow but our players will have to find opportunities to go nuts.



In the meantime, we have RAW’s Go-Home Show that leaves much to the imagination. What we can expect is Rhea Ripley taking on Asuka for some sort of Team Advantage. Not sure what that will be. Outside of that, we’ll have to tune in and see. Well, let’s not tax Twitter in its current state. Aim to enjoy yourself and if you find yourself compelled to share, go ahead. Shouldn’t hurt.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments