Money in the Bank 2023

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?

 

It’s that time again. The beginning of summer is always marked by Money in the Bank. I remember it more in June but I’m flexible. I understand scheduling issues. So, here are the matches that interest me.

 

First off, it’s Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor. That should be the best technical match of the night but the real tell of it will be how Bálor plays. This is his moment to shine. Rollins has shown that he gets the job. He has the Crowd doing it for him. Isn’t that the ultimate endgame? And the beauty of it may be it’s not one he was trying for. It’s organically grown. So, there, he doesn’t need the win. The question then becomes, does Bálor earn it? Depends.

 

There has to be a plan for Bálor if so and that’s always the question. Those who read this know what my problem is with Bálor. It needs help to work. Skilled as Bálor is, he’s a small guy compared to the typical wrestler. Why are we afraid of him? If WWE is not going to use weight classes, how does a guy like him win? Seriously? He could be a believable Middleweight but admit he’s no Heavyweight. How does he beat, say a Brock Lesnar believably? Ultimately, who holds the Title should be capable of taking on the tallest mountain and as of now, it’s basically Lesnar. It’s happened and Lesnar won. So, how does Bálor get the win?

 

They have to go “paranormal” with him. Now, that should be psychological, if on a budget. If it was ROH, they’d have to go the pure headgame route but WWE has the resources. They want him to work, they’re going to have to make him work. Bálor has to scare and he doesn’t. His recent work is promising but it can’t go too far. This can’t go sadistic. It has to go understandable. We have to like the Heels if they’re going to truly succeed. So, if they decide to have an upset, it will have to either be smart, dirty, “rigged” or honest. It’s easier to let Rollins win.

 

After that, a bit fittingly, I’m looking at the Bloodline Civil War. Here, the question is what is the endgame? My pitch is Paul Heyman. I say this because the kids are running things and we still have live elders. I noticed Rikishi tweeting amidst all of this. I think it’s an angle they should pursue. If the public didn’t pick up, good. It’s more for “the kids”. They’re the ones who should notice.

 

That being said, the Elders should see this is as a bunch of nonsense and pull rank for the “prestige of the family”. These jokers don’t get the bigger picture. Someone still has to parent and run this family. Isn’t that what the Elders do? I say they call in old favors to Heyman and he does as he once did and minds their crew. It gives Jey Uso something to work with. Not to mention the Game of Thrones-esque potentials down the line. I’m curious to see which path they choose.

 

In the end, I’ll admit I’m more excited about the Men’s MITB Ladder Match than the Women’s. I’ll be true to the women as I’m not really worried about them. They’re all solid. They just have to go have fun out there and hope it all clicks. I don’t doubt it will be a good demonstration but I don’t know if it will be inspired. We’ll see.

 

As for the men, there’s some clout at stake. LA Knight has been gaining crazy momentum as everyone starts to get him. Nevertheless, there are a lot of deserving people in this match and it’s hard to say who’s the best choice.

 

Personally, I’m not sure if Knight can match his mouth. He’s fire on the mic but anywhere else? Damian Priest has shown considerable improvement and has demonstrated he can put on a compelling match. Can’t say I got that from Knight yet. And Priest can handle himself on the mic. He's no Knight but he doesn't need help.

 

A lot of people fear that it might go to Logan Paul and it appears he’s trying to look the part. He seems to be bulking up if mine eyes don’t deceive me so, he wants to at least look like a contender. Not yet sure it’s a good idea but I wouldn’t put it past WWE. They don’t mind going for guilty pleasure, so to speak.

 

 If I had a say, I’d have Shinsuke Nakamura surprise. He’s a globally known name and the Crowd also sings his song without the attention. They just do. I think that stands for something. In my world, he steals it somehow. Just uses his smarts and executes, kind of thing. Let’s everyone float on speculation until the time is right and *bam* look who won. I’d be fine with that.

 

So that’s what I think. As I said before, I won’t be watching live. Not ashamed to say I’d rather sleep. But I’ll make myself nice and comfortable and take a look around 3pm PDT. I’ll drop a reminder/update on Twitter to confirm.  You're welcome to join. I get the feeling it will be a good time.

 

See You When I See You,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments