RAW - Money in the Bank Fallout (2023)

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



For those in the United States, how’s the kinda 4-day weekend treating you? It’s an awkward position for the 4th of July but if anyone was planning ahead, they probably took today off. I don’t have that much going on but did have the option of working remotely today so, that’s something. But enough about me. Let’s break down Money in the Bank and get to tonight’s business.



So, MITB was very solid this year. Anyone who had problems with it is probably a LA Knight fan or prone to complain. I had no problem with Damian Priest taking the contract. Not that I mind LA Knight it’s just he’s only started getting going and I’m not all that impressed with his ringwork.



Priest, on the other hand, has been showing consistent progress so, I feel he earned it. Wouldn’t have minded a surprise, Shinsuke Nakamura win but the fact that it didn’t happen lends me to believe that they just don’t know what to do with him. His spoken English hasn’t really improved much though I’m sure he understands a lot more. Regardless, no inspired direction has appeared for him just yet. But they should keep him in mind. He has the Crowd’s favor. Best to make use of it.



As for the MITB matches, the Ladies had the cleaner one. They also went for more difficult spots. The Men took their chances and unfortunately, it looked like it. It was impassioned but all over the place but I don’t mind that when the name of the game is a melee. You just have to give it to the Ladies. They came out and executed, simple as that.



The Bloodline Saga also was a fitting conclusion to the evening. We all knew it wouldn’t be the cleanest match but no one is upset that The Usos won. It’s kind of a no-brainer if we’re just going by performance. Though, if a rematch is ever to occur in the near future, I think Roman Reigns and Solo Sikoa should get a little more “real” and bully them more. They do have the size difference in their favor. This loss should prompt them to lean on it more next time around. They don’t seem the types to take a “losing record” lightly. 



Looks like the next installment involves “Tribal Court” so we’ll see where that goes. You know my vote is to bring in The Elders to settle things so, we’ll see if they agree.



I will just touch on 2 of the surprises from Saturday night as Ronda Rousey appeared to make her intentions clear as did Drew McIntyre. There have been rumors circulating of Rousey returning to the UFC. I don’t know if the WWE/UFC merger has anything to do with it but given how Baszler turned on her, it looks like Rousey is peacing out. I get the feeling she’ll follow in Brock Lesnar’s footsteps and bounce back as her mood dictates. She doesn’t always like dealing with the WWE Crowd, though I’m not sure the UFC one will be any more kind. I suppose we will see.



Yet, in McIntyre’s case, I’m glad that a resolution could be made. Given how he was received, the Crowd was certainly glad to have him back and I have to say, I prefer him with WWE as opposed without. He just fits. I don’t think he gets the traction he’s looking for anywhere else, though other promotions would have him. I think he just has to embrace his strengths and be the overbearing hard-ass we all know he can be. He’s kinda like a more intimidating Roy Kent if he’s a Face, for those of you who get the Ted Lasso reference. It’s not so much he frowns but doesn’t smile 😉 Let him always be in a mood and ready to put his foot up someone’s arse for it.



So, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. We will have the MITB Fallout. Priest will keep fresh courtesy of Ricochet. Seth Rollins will naturally take some time to let the Crowd sing his song. And for some reason, Natalya will take on Rhea Ripley for the Women’s World Championship. Given Natalya’s semi-jobber status, it doesn’t look good for her but she is the most skilled veteran on the roster. Perhaps all her years of know-how could pull an upset or DQ? 🤷 Just let her walk out of there with some dignity. 



I’ll be watching along with the West Coast in a few hours. My following may be small, but it is loyal. Tends to be how I roll. Always open to take on more takers, though. Try it out. See if you like it. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments