RAW Makes Sure All Is in Place for SummerSlam...

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts!



How’s every little thing? It’s a Monday so…you know start of the week and all that. Work keeps me busy. There’s a little bit going on in the Wrestling World. Enough to have a brief conversation so let’s chat about what’s going on.



Word is that Bray Wyatt may soon return to our TV screens. Most signs point to SummerSlam or shortly thereafter. The consensus seems to be more or less agreed that a reboot back to the Rob Zombie-esque cult leader is a good way to go. That “Fiend” angle just doesn’t hold up for a live entertainment medium. I know some fans ate it up but you all know my many issues with the concept.



The backwoods preacher can always grasp our imagination and it leaves the door open for so much kooky fun. I don’t mind experimentation but I don’t think adding weight to this sort of content makes sense. I do want to get caught up and forget it’s not real but at the same time, I’m looking to escape so anything too heavy is going to be off-putting. This is a space to vent and unwind. Not be hampered by some half-fleshed out pseudo-horror gimmick. I watch to have fun. I’ll peruse Rotten Tomatoes if I want a spooky thrill. It’s just my honest opinion.



In other news, it sounds like Brian Pillman, Jr. may be a new WWE recruit in the near future. It sounds like he had a meet and greet with pertinent parties recently and it sounds like that once the WWE/UFC deal is finalized, Pillman along with some other free agents could be signed very soon thereafter. 



I don’t really know how to feel about this. He is a legacy so I suppose to a certain extent he’s somewhat entitled but I don’t know much about Pillman, Jr. or his father. I did see the Dark Side of the Ring episode concerning Pillman, Sr. and it’s a bit tragic as it often is so, it would be nice if their story positively came full-circle. Have no idea what they’d do with him but I figure that could be decided at a later date. Plenty to work with overall, something should be managed. 



In any case, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. Next week is Go-Home Week so the almost final touches should be laid down tonight and Friday night. Tommaso Ciampa has some words for Bronson Reed. Cody Rhodes, naturally has a few things to say to Brock Lesnar and Finn Bálor and Seth Rollins will sit down to have the customary “Contract Signing”. We’ll see if anything actually gets signed. 



I’ll be tuning in around 8pm PDT. Those who are able are always free to join me. This is the best thing about Monday for me so enjoy it and check out for 3 hours.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments