SmackDown Takes a Little Detour on the Way to SummerSlam...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



I hope it’s treating you well. There’s not a whole hell of a lot to chat about today but enough for a short post. Let’s get to it, shall we?



So, the first bit of interesting news is how Shayna Baszler is letting us know how she abides by the Kayfabe assignment that is her career. She’s doubling down on her current feud with Ronda Rousey and saying she isn’t pulling any punches. What she says is the “truth” and she’s sticking to it. Rousey was fast-tracked due to popularity while Baszler slanged in the background. Well, enough is enough and they’ll soon settle this once and for all.



I am like many Baszler well-wishers in the sense that I wouldn’t mind seeing Baszler on a Face turn. Rousey is a good start but to be honest, I think Sonya Deville is probably a better “enemy”. I’ve pitched Baszler being a sort of anti-hero before. She could begrudgingly defend the likes of Liv Morgan against Deville’s bullying ways at some point.  A display like that is more believable to me without having to challenge the concept of Kayfabe. 



Deville is great at being a hard-driving bitch and Baszler is known for her rough and tumble ways. Her having enough of Deville backstage or something simply flows. We know that Rousey and Baszler have an association. Though, I’m sure Rousey can grate on anyone’s nerves from time to time, I doubt anything has transpired recently to make their relationship actually sour. Regardless, I commend Baszler sticking to protocol, so to speak.



And so, that’s all I really have to say. That brings us to tonight’s SmackDown by default. It’s on FS1 live tonight but there’s a replay at 7pm so I’ll be watching that. Still technically at work at 5pm so…gotta do what I gotta do. Due to the scheduling change, we can anticipate Roman Reigns to be in attendance tonight to help even out the ratings. He’s going to face Jey Uso to stoke the flames for their SummerSlam showdown. We can also expect an United States Championship Invitational that appears to consist of a Fatal-4-Way between Cameron Grimes, LA Knight, Rey Mysterio and Sheamus. Outside of that, you’ll have to see if you can tune in and watch. Feel free to watch with me at 7pm PDT if you too are detained at 5pm. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)








Comments