SmackDown Double Checks RAW's Work Ahead of SummerSlam...

 Happy Friday, Enthusiasts:



It looks like it’s a slow news day in the Wrestling World but there are a couple things to comment on. Let’s talk a little about them, shall we?



So, WWE will get a little mainstream press over the weekend as a select few will represent them on Celebrity Family Feud this Sunday night on ABC. It will be Men vs. Women with Seth Rollins fronting the crew consisting of Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods and Dolph Ziggler. The Ladies are headed by Becky Lynch, with Bayley, Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan and Natalya on the team. Check your local listings if you want to check it out. Not sure I’m that interested but it’s a good chance to get fresh eyes on the current product. It seems like this was already taped so, hopefully they had fun with it. I may catch it on a replay some time. We’ll see.



This next tidbit I wasn’t sure I was going to comment on because of the not-so-favorable press on Mr. Vince McMahon but reports hit general news outlets so I guess I better say something since it’s officially out there. Apparently, Mr. McMahon had “major spinal surgery” at some point last week and is currently recovering. Personally, I’m not sure I’m supposed to believe it but, I suppose it’s all right that the procedure was successful. As much as you can say against the man, I don’t hate him. It’s mainly because it’s so hard to determine what is real with this lot. Everything tends to be code for something else but I’m not wishing for anyone’s death so let me just move on with the sentiment, I’m glad everyone is alive and well.



We’ll close on the rumor mill updates with Drew McIntyre. He’s quoted as loosely confirming that some of the rumors that concerned his absence may have had some substance to them but generally, he just used the time off to heal up and recalibrate. It appears he came to the same conclusions I did in the end so, hopefully all’s well that ends well. Doubtful he’d be anywhere near as successful anywhere else and he still has some work to do so, let’s see if he figures himself out, out there. It’s possible.



And so, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Go-Home Week is next week so the final touches should be placed tonight. We should see how Roman Reigns and Jey Uso are preparing for their Tribal Combat. It’s hard to say they’ll be present but I think we can at least anticipate some sort of video package. Karrion Kross will pick a fight with Karl Anderson and Rey Mysterio will be placed in a challenging match against his ally and mentee in Santos Escobar as they battle for a shot at the US Title. We’ll have to tune in if you want to know what else.  As usual, I’ll be watching along with the West Coast so if you’re able, feel free to join in. You know where to find me.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments