The RAW Road Ends at Pre-SummerSlam SmackDown...

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts!

Well, I don’t know what’s happening on with RAW, maybe someone’s sick or Ric Flair’s hospitalization distracted but last night felt just a touch phoned in.  Yet, it wasn’t all bad.  Mickie James turned in a solid match against Emma, solidifying her veteran status.  In addition, Akira Tozawa performed beautifully alongside Neville to give the CruiserWeights a well-deserved shot in the arm to win the title.  It was a gutsy performance that showed that this Tozawa can gain your interest if you let him.  I’m charmed by his energy.  Though I enjoyed the WWE's other displays, I'm pretty sure these 2 examples weren't exactly what the general Enthusiast would expect to be the defining moments.  That being said, the send off left Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman held back by the B-Players as they ampped up not being able to wait until Sunday to wring each other’s necks.  It’s a standard ploy the WWE uses and last night felt particularly so.  Not something you want leading into one of the biggest events of the summer, I would think.

So, it will be up to SmackDown to get us excited for Sunday.  To be fair, I’ll be watching anyway but I will be expecting SmackDown to pick up some of this slack.  The match of note for me is the one scheduled between John Cena and Jinder Mahal. I said a post or 2 back that these gentlemen could make for a good match given their pseudo-campy styles.  I do think it might be a better match than it appears on paper.  We’ll see if I’m right.  Besides that’s the most interesting thing currently advertised.  We’ll have to tune in to see if they can actually light the fuse on this puppy with anything else.  Funny tweets get retweeted and Likes/Favorites…they’re not so rare as you think.


See You In a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)



Comments