SmackDown Makes Sure There Are No Loose Ends to Begin With...


Good Tuesday to You, Enthusiasts.

Well, I can’t fully comment on RAW since I had connectivity issues galore but given what I did see it seems that the WWE is in a place where it usually is, trying to come up with new ways to feed us their offerings.  Now, I could be more derogatory here but I don’t see the reason, especially seeing how they’ve served up worse on the regular before.  Nowadays, I would say they’re really trying.  I see people really putting an effort to be presentable and engaging.  Does it always work?   No.  You have to liken the WWE to something along the lines of your high school or college football team taking Drama Classes.  These guys and gals aren’t generally actors.  They’re more or less athletes and half the time you get some who are charismatic.  The rest, have to work on their presentation.  That’s what we get each week.  Some guys have got their shtick together others are still working on it and each week they take a new crack at it.  We’re not at WWE: The Series on some premium channel just yet.  Lower expectations, people.  See how well you rock a mic.

In any case, last night still left something to be desired for Summer Slam even with Ronda Rousey coming through and winning her 1st match as planned.  We have Reigns vs. Lesnar  at, what is it, IV or V to look forward to and I can’t say they’ve got us anticipating it but I see that they are trying to make it interesting.  Those 2 have their work cut out for them.  Let’s just hope they have a great night and that Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler close, that or Rousey vs. Alexa Bliss.

So, for this evening, SmackDown has the task of starting to quicken the pace since Go-Home shows are next week.  The Miz will give us some sort of Summer Slam announcement to at least generate some curiosity.  The Bar will see if they have any chemistry with The New Day so they can see about title shots.  Hopefully, we get the Usos in there somewhere.  They and The New Day are the match still in my book but I understand keeping that in the proverbial back pocket.  Charlotte gets her ring legs back alongside Becky Lynch to take on those banshees in the IIconics.  And what is turning out to be interesting is the head to head building between Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.  I like how Samoa Joe’s experience is being fully put to use here.  I feel like he’s what it is to be a quintessential heel in this day and age.  He gets it.  He’s mean and ruthless without making me think he’s like that in real life.  He’s the resident big, bad man and that’s great because not everyone is getting that and in these sensitive times, how to demonstrate that is increasingly more difficult.  He’s doing a great job of playing the “bad guy”.   The kids don’t fully understand.  So, let’s see who does get it.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites…well, I gotta see if I can even view ‘em first.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments