It's Here!! Summer Slam!!!


Happy Sunday to You, Enthusiasts!

So, I don’t have to tell you it’s Summer Slam!  At least 6 hours of wrestling coverage for this end of summer blowout!  Are you excited?  Meh, it’s no big thing if you aren’t but I have to say that it’s got me curious.  This is the first time I’ve been this curious about a PPV.  I really don’t know what to expect.  I don’t think it’s a bad thing because it’s clear the WWE is trying to meet us half way to some degree.  The likes of Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins have been getting their due.  And Samoa Joe has been putting his veteran status to good use.  Not to mention the Ladies have been doing everything they can to keep pace.  This might actually be a fun show but, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  Let’s keep it open but too much high hoping is sure to lead to disappointment.

So, what do we have in store for us?  Looks like we get some lower card tag-team action in the Kick Off with The Revival facing off against the B-Team.  The Cruiserweights also get some airtime as Cedric Alexander takes a shot at this Drew Gulak  I'm always hearing about.  Then as for the bulk of the main action, match order is probably going to be half the fun guessing.  Personally, I would open with something like Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz.  This is mostly for show anyway.  Then maybe, the mixed tag-team matches with Lana & Rusev up against Zelina Vega & Cien Almas.  Then maybe go into the Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens match.  Lighten things up and then go into the next tag-team match with The Bludgeon Brothers and The New Day.  Thinking people will probably take bathroom breaks and get refreshments about here.  Then start to get things going with Finn Bálor and Baron Corbin going at it.  I’d then follow that with the Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns match.  Since fans have been silently protesting these matches by leaving early, I’d stick this somewhere in the middle just so they stick around then go into the Ladies’ Triple Threat with Carmella, Becky Lynch and Charlotte. That way, no matter what happens, were redirected to more forward thinking fare.  After that perhaps  Jeff Hardy and Shinsuke Nakamura.  That should be fun but I don't see it being to much else.  Yeah, there's a title on the line but I get the feeling this too is more for show than the drama of who wins.  We don't really care.  Both entertain.  Then follow that up with AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe.  I expect that to be a bit of nail biter because it’s good going no matter who wins.  Samoa Joe has earned it and Styles held it well.  Either way, they’ve got stuff to work with after.  Then for me, it’s a toss-up between Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins or Alexa Bliss and Ronda Rousey closing.  It’s more inclusive to have the ladies close but I think Ziggler and Rollins will put on a better match over all so, we’ll see how close I get.  

The Kick-Off Show is on now so, let’s get ourselves nice and comfortable.  This is gonna be a long one.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites…we’ll see if there’s anything to get witty about.

See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)



Comments