Okay, That Was That. SmackDown Leads Us into Elimination Chamber...


How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

Who caught the Super Showdown?  Well, it felt a little phoned in if you ask me but it wasn’t all bad.  I think Humberto Carrillo and Angel Garza snuck in and took match of the night as everyone else struggled to establish some sort of relevance.  That’s just kind of the state of affairs.  I don’t fault the performers here.  It’s clear that the vision is hazy for this product currently so, nights like Super Showdown tend to expose what’s working and what’s not.

Whether anyone likes it or not, we have to accept that Brock Lesnar certainly established himself and that may have been the one clear thing about the night.  Ricochet didn’t seem qualified to be in the ring with him and that was my point my last post.  I see he’s a talented athlete but fighter?  Different animal.  Here, perhaps they can lead into an Aleister Black confrontation?  I hope that’s one of the eventual endgames.  And that doesn’t mean Ricochet can’t one day learn how to fight.

Now, for what’s not working so much.  Well, the Gauntlet Match was what it was so, I’m not really mad at it but maybe the Saudi Audience may start to get antsy if they’re fed more of the same.  The Undertaker came in and did 5 minutes of work.  He came for an appearance basically.  I mean, I get it.  He’s 120 but if I paid a decent amount of money, I’d basically feel like, why bother?   Put the time and money into a better show overall.  Also, the matches were mostly uninspired which devalues the talent.  This is why people hate it when people sell out and Big Company takes over.  It becomes soulless and representative of what the numbers show.   It felt like the players came out and did their dance, the circus was in town.  The WWE has to remember that it is a brand that breeds fanatics.  Edge’s return is the prime current example.  I haven’t seen a crowd response like that in a long time.  And he also serves the greater point of how he simply loves the Game.  So, the WWE has to have one of those looks in the mirror, I suppose.  What is this Brand all about?  What is at the core of it?  What is the Mission Statement?  I think once they get back to the love of it.  They’ll find the way again.

Anyway, as for tonight well, we know that John Cena is gonna pop up at some point since the SmackDown festivities will be held in Boston tonight.  Also, Goldberg will announce his plans as the SmackDown Champion which I hear are…incendiary 😉 We’ll see if there is in fact a greater plan in the works.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, well, someone managed to be funny already tonight.  Looks like there will be some material to work with.  Go ahead and see what you can do.  Feels like a good night.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments