RAW Actually Has the Juices Flowing...

How Goes It, Enthusiasts?


This Monday treating you right?  Well, hopefully it’s about to get better. So, for a little SmackDown recap, I have to say that I have 2 surprises to touch on.  Apparently, we were dis-informed or simply got it wrong as contrary to the popular rumors going around, The Fiend will not be facing Roman Reigns at the Super Showdown III but Goldberg will of all people.  And on top of that, Goldberg sold his side of the match.  That dropped my jaw more than anything else.  Guy’s actually up for it.  I’m not expecting this to go well or smoothly but if Mr. Goldberg can pull it off, I’ll certainly tip my hat.  Yet, I’m expecting Goldberg to go down to a Mandible Claw just ‘cause he’s 107.  That’s what I’m calling the “geriatric treatment” this time around.


The second surprise comes in who Roman Reigns will be facing, since it’s not The Fiend, he gets Baron Corbin again but in a Steel Cage Match.  Now, the WWE may be trolling a bit here because the social media consensus is that this feud needs to be put to bed but here we go again.  I didn’t speak on it on the Twitters because the announcement was brief but after having thought about it a bit, this is quite an opportunity for these 2 fellows.  They will have to make this match taste good and if they manage it, they’ll deserve some respect.  I don’t expect people to stop griping but those with sense will have to give it to them if they manage to make something of this match.   I’m keeping expectations low but I am rooting for them.  I see they’re both trying out there.  I hope they figure out something that works.


Anyway, that leaves tonight and RAW is keeping the cards close to the chest as what I’m seeing is a rematch between Asuka and Becky Lynch for the Women’s Title.  We’ll see if it doesn’t DQ.  Everything else, we’ll have to wait and see.  And so, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, surprisingly enough, RAW has been solid these past couple weeks.  What we’re looking for now is consistency.  Is this the new normal?  Because if it is, SmackDown is back to being the “B” Show for sure.  Last week wasn’t exactly bad but there were a couple bits that definitely didn’t work.  RAW maybe just had a dull spot here and there but overall, produced solid performances.  Guess Paul Heyman knows what he’s doing after all.  Speak up if they appear to miss the point, otherwise let them entertain as they will.




See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments

Post a Comment