SmackDown Could Get Something Started...

Happy Valentine’s Day, Enthusiasts!

Regardless of your status, I hope it’s a splendid 1 for you.  Have some fun one way or another.  As for tonight’s SmackDown, looks like we have some playful hijinks awaiting us with Otis finally getting a “date” with Mandy Rose.  This has been done tastefully so far, hopefully they can keep it that way because we all know how far downhill this sort of thing can go.  The WWE is not known for its taste.  Quite the contrary actually but, seeing how there’s competition and awareness in the mix now, they’re being forced to up their game.

Surprisingly enough, RAW has been holding up its side of the proverbial bargain and so SmackDown is in the “keep up” position by default.  That may be why the Ladies are leading what’s floating around for tonight’s show.  Outside of the Otis & Mandy Rose story, Bayley will have a box with Carmella for the Women’s Title.  I have to say, ole ‘Mella has earned her keep.  She may be about a buck-fifteen but she does know how to throwdown.  That little wheat stalk is fearless out there.  I don’t really care if Bayley retains or not.  It’s not personal.  I see she’s finding her Heel Voice it’s just Carmella has earned it and I’m not really sure where they’re going with Bayley so, if it changes hands, I don’t think anyone will be all that upset.  They’re just going to have to have a stellar match to cleanly pull it off.  Not impossible.

Also, apparently Goldberg read well last week as SmackDown saw good ratings and so, the follow-up is…Hulk Hogan.  Now, I was never a fan of the 80s and since wrestling at that time was the epitome of the 80s, naturally, I didn’t care much for it.  I was always more or less indifferent to Hogan.  And even in light of his racist sentiments, I remain so.  To be honest, the racism never fazed me.  We can look around us and see how racism permeates, may it be unintended or not.   To find out someone who basically embodies Blue Collar White Privilege has some racist inclinations, to me, shouldn’t be a surprise.  Whether he’s changed or not I can’t say but I’m sure he’s learned a lesson.

Anyway, let’s get back to tonight’s action.  Not sure what to expect but they have to make a good go of it.  Last show had a few things to be desired.  Let’s see if they patch those up.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, we still got a lot of No Man’s Land and it’s Valentine’s Day to boot so expect more formulaic and campy fare.  I don’t want to say they’re gonna phone it in but this may be a “promo-heavy” night, if you get my drift.  I would suggest getting good and intoxicated to help it all go down.  Only complain if it’s really bad.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments