RAW Now Has a New Focus for Us...Summer Slam!

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

How’s everyone doing?  Can’t say I have much to complain about.  I got my health and a roof over my head so, things could certainly be worse.  So, what’s going on in the WWE Universe?  Well, not much that grabs my attention but there is one rumor that did hold my interest.  It appears there’s a consensus that with the removal of Paul Heyman from his former creative duties, so goes the push that was fueling Aleister Black’s presentation.  The general word is that Vince McMahon soured on him for unknown reasons.  One of the theories is that Black lacks something in regards to superstardom.  Doesn’t have “It”, I suppose.  Well, I don’t have any problem with Black.  Yes, he’s not that imposing but his stats do make up for it.  It does appear he’s a skilled enough fighter to know how to properly deal with a large opponent.  But is that what the WWE Universe wants?  Well, I don’t think it matters that much.  I like Black’s dark appeal.  Seeing how he’s becoming more of a respectable sage as opposed to as a scary outlier I feel there’s plenty of potential.  If they start creating in-house stables again, he could be a veritable Pai Mei for up-and-comers.   He doesn’t need to be as rigorous with them, though how tough he is on some as opposed to others could be fodder for new storylines.  I think it wouldn’t be wise to tank him all together.  Repurpose maybe, but not get rid of.  He’s won me over enough. 

Anyway, let’s get into the action.  So, last Friday’s SmackDown wasn’t bad at all.  Yes, I didn’t quite buy the bit of editing at the end of the Bar Fight but I felt the overall segment was fine.  Sheamus and Jeff Hardy threw down mostly for real and seemed to have as much fun with it as they could.  I’m glad the WWE is experimenting because that sort of thing may be the new normal going forward.  They’ll get no complaints from me as long as they keep the action believable.  We know people don’t have superpowers.  Even with Finn Bálor I’m always talking about using an illusionist.  Though many of these people may go on to Marvel movies doesn’t mean that they’re filming for Avengers 7.  Keep the action real-time and it should all work out perfectly well. 

As for tonight’s RAW, looks like we are continuing current themes.  Randy Orton is going to find someone new to pick on.  Drew McIntyre will elaborate on all the ways that he’ll enable himself to make Dolph Ziggler say uncle.  And, Sasha Banks and Asuka will have themselves a go-round for the Women’s Championship ‘cause, why not!  As always, funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, we got a little under a month until Summer Slam so we’ll be wading around for a while.  I haven’t been too disappointed with the content to be honest.  It’s not the most thrilling at the moment but it is solid.  In comparison to recent years, it’s way less of a shit show but there’s still plenty to be desired.  The good part is that it does look like they’re trying.  Let’s at least stay encouraging out there.  The better they are the better we are.  Good quips will get their due.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments