And Here We Go - WrestleMania: Day 2

How’s Everyone Doing?

 

So, color me impressed. I did not see half of that show coming and when I say that, I mean in terms of quality. The audience is necessary. I think that has been thoroughly confirmed. There’s nothing like having eyes on you. The pressure to perform is palpable. Kudos to Mandy Rose for turning her little slip around. See, stuff like that happening to people like her just makes them human. Now, she’s even more likable.

 

As for match of the night, I think Bianca BelAir and Sasha Banks took it. They kept it simple and just had a match and it was just as solid as we all knew it could be. I’m glad for the both of them. They did their jobs… Now what? Well, we’ll see. As I said on the Twitter, it feels like everything that happened no longer matters. It’s all about what goes down in real time.

 

So, how does Night 2 keep pace? They shouldn’t overthink it. Night 1 had a lot of natural aids. There was a rain delay so they had people shoot backstage and that right there sorts wheat from chaff. We can presume Night 2 could go very much to plan and that could be its downfall through no fault of the night’s players. They have to respect the gauntlet in place and do their best to make their own magic. A good way to do that is to stay honest, go for it, and just plain have fun. What came to be last night is the epitome of the WWE Universe. Someone like Bad Bunny could come from nowhere and kill it. While others prove they’re chasing a dream. I won’t name, names here because it’s just not fair. It’s a pandemic. It affects everyone differently. Some wrestlers may simply not be in the best headspace to find their stride. But as we get back to living, these little things that are holding people back have to either be addressed or some may have to rethink their place in WWE. It’s just what’s coming out. I’m not even trying to talk shit.

 

I will give a hand to Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley, though. They managed to have a compelling, respectable match so they are capable. They just may not be that personable. It’s up to them to keep that from being a hindrance. I’m willing to accept them. As long as their presentation is relatively realistic I don’t see a problem with them in title hunts. I actually wasn’t expecting Lashley to retain so, I’m not sure what’s next for these guys. McIntyre may angle for a rematch but I’m not sure we really want to see it. This is a case of wanting something fresh.

 

As for matches of interest for Night 2, well I want to see what Rhea Ripley does. She’s made my point by being to be taller than I realized. She’s a big one. From that perspective, I see why she’s skipping the line. It’s possible she could just bully her way to the top. We’ll see what Asuka does to even the playing field.

 

I have to talk of The Fiend because now, I really don’t know what they’re going to do. Night 1 was very satisfying for its real presentation. The Fiend requires a lot of suspended disbelief and only about half of the fans are there. They may default this to a regular ole match due to a lack of or potentially poor fan response. We the Audience absolutely made our importance felt. This universe doesn’t exist without us. I think WWE is finally beginning to realize this at a base level. They have to please us in the end. They can do it their way but in the end, we have to like it. End of story.

 

When it comes to the Triple Threat, I got to stick to Edge. He’s miles ahead and I think Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns have no choice but to follow his lead. He’s been phenomenal in his spots and I like what it represents. He could be considered a Godfather of the New Era if he keeps this up. I have no problem with it. I think if the hierarchy is respected, I don’t think we’ll get a bad match. It may be more involved than some may care it to be but, that’s what happens with Uncle Edge. He’s made it very clear he takes this “seriously”. Let’s just hope that he remembers we should ultimately have fun. Sometimes, I fear he may go on some sort of artistic tangent. That may be a fair angle to roll our eyes at down the line but since we’re just getting back into the swing of things, keeping it to the point should suffice.

 

All in all, 2021 is looking better already. There’s hope in the air. Let’s wish our Night 2 players well. They have a solid show to live up to. As always, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, we’ll it’s possible but hard to figure what we’ll get. Try to be supportive but if someone misses the mark, we’re kinda obligated to let them know. Can’t have them operating under delusion.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments