RAW Puts in the Root Vegetables First...

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

 

These are curious times in the WWE Universe. Usually, the curiosity more lies in the content we’re going to see. Recently, it appears to more concern WWE’s general game plan. With the recent releases leaving many at a loss, it’s hard to say what WWE is planning on doing. Given who was let go, some would say it doesn’t look good. I have to be honest and say I don’t have enough information to say one way or another.

 

We can all generally agree that WWE has been more or less rudderless for the past 5-6 years. Potentially more but I can only vouch for say the past 7 or so. They haven’t been a great 7 years. This past year has been the best I’ve seen them in total. I’m not completely heartbroken by the releases but I was upset at others. I didn’t like seeing Rusev go but I get it. He broke kayfabe and that should be a no-no. I thought Pac was a shame. Seeing Dean Ambrose go was painful. And more recently, I was a little disappointed at Christian leaving as well. Their departures do not appear to have harmed WWE and it’s hard to say that who was let go this time around truly rival the men I just named. Nonetheless, the disappointment seems quite acute. Billie Kay was able to gain true supporters and Liv Morgan definitely had a following. Perhaps it’s their fans who are feeling more displaced. Well, I believe they’re both relatively young and WWE tends to be open-minded with its acquisitions. They could certainly return someday but for now, it would appear they are out.

 

As for WWE’s plans, I’m even more in the dark. I just hope that there is some forethought in place. What I’ve found disturbing in recent years is how much the long-view has not been accounted for. Generally speaking, WWE’s mentality has come off very short-sighted. I just hope that there is method in the perceived madness. I was just beginning to think that they were starting to get it right. It would be a shame to be proven wrong in this regard.

 

There are other things going on in the WWE Universe but the releases seem to still be on people’s minds. I’ll get into Pat McAfee’s debut for the SmackDown post. If you ask me, they should stick to the 3-Man or Person set up broadcast wise but it’s early yet. As for tonight’s RAW offerings, the effort to maintain some semblance of continuity continues as Drew McIntyre is set to confront MVP about last week’s goings on. Braun Strowman is going to have a dance with Randy Orton because apparently it just hasn’t happened yet one-on-one and Asuka will face Charlotte for what we can only assume would be #1 Contender rights against Rhea Ripley. I’m all for Charlotte and Ripley becoming a full-fledged feud. It’s got the makings for one with this upstart Ripley appearing to “move in” on Charlotte’s territory. I think we can have a lot of fun with Charlotte simply making it clear she’s not going anywhere. There hasn’t been a fit for real, juicy rivalry for a while in WWE. I think Charlotte vs. Ripley has got chops. Let’s see if I’m right. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well let’s be honest. We’re in another extended No-Man’s Land. Everything we see should be a slow, measured build towards Summer Slam. Now, not everything should be fleshed out. That’s what this space is about. We see what’s best for everyone to do. So, if I’m overseeing Charlotte vs. Ripley, I wouldn’t have Charlotte challenge right now. Maybe Ripley interferes and gets the decision to go to Asuka. Maybe next PPV, Charlotte causes the DQ making it clear that someone has to see to her and since Ripley is the reason she’s got no title to aim for, it might as well be her but the actual match-up shouldn’t go down until Summer Slam. They can have run-ins backstage, Ripley could even drop the title to someone else for a short run only to have Charlotte to win it in July to set up a showdown for August. And after that they should just circle each other until next year. WWE has got to learn not to play something out within 2 months. They need to make like a Crock Pot and cook it low and slow. It should make for a better result.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments