SmackDown Fallout Seems More Severe This Time Around...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts.

 

So, it’s a bittersweet SmackDown isn’t it. The recent cuts saw some favorites get their walking papers. Personally, I didn’t see Billie Kay and Peyton Royce getting released coming. Yet, at the same time, I’m not surprised. Don’t get me wrong. I like them it’s just…I could take or leave them as a spectator. You know WWE. It’s supposed to be the big deal and “They’re all right…” isn’t what they want to hear about the wrestlers. What I am surprised at is the rumor that a lot of them were told they wouldn’t be cut a few months ago. I guess things changed but that comes off cold. Samoa Joe however isn’t too much of a surprise. Word is that he wants to get back in the ring but he’s just not medically cleared. I don’t think Samoa Joe is supposed to be a svelte man but slimming down wouldn’t hurt, especially since he isn’t the freshest chicken. Generally speaking, these releases may cause a trickle-down effect. These displaced wrestlers could find themselves on AEW’s doorstep, forcing them to make room. We’ll see how it all plays out. I hope everyone lands on their feet.

 

In lighter news, Pat McAfee is set for SmackDown commentary. Now we know why there were changes. This I’m glad to hear because it leaves the possibility for McAfee to jump from the announce table to the ring should the feud fit and given how he’s a natural at talking shit, anything could go down with just about anyone. I like it. I thought he’d be a surprise at WrestleMania but since they stuck to a one-on-one or team-on-team set-up, here’s where he lands. I’m all for it. He shouldn’t disappoint.

 

So, that brings us to tonight. Let’s see if they address the goings-on. WrestleMania was the best I’ve ever seen since I’ve started watching again so, this really feels like a new beginning. All I hope is that they respect the sentiment. Not doing so could curtail their own momentum. Though we are a rough and tumble people, we have been tempered by the times. 10 years ago there’d be plenty of snarky comments but now, especially with the pandemic in the backdrop, we honestly feel for the cut wrestlers. These aren’t the most promising times. SmackDown Fallout Show should reflect some respect for the tone of the room, so to speak. We’ll see how they do. The name of the game will be next steps for Bianca BelAir and Roman Reigns. The Tag Team Champs, the Dirty Dawgs in Dolph Ziggler and Mr. Robert Roode put the titles on the line against the Street Profits. Rey Mysterio will oversee Otis’ transition to true singles status. The rest, we’ll have to wait and see. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well, with the bittersweet-ness in the air, it’s best not to push. Let what comes, come naturally. It should land better that way.

 

 

See You in a Bit.

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments