I Guess SmackDown Has a Mid-Term En Route to Backlash

TGIF, Enthusiasts!

 

This is one when I definitely feel like kicking up my feet. So, there’s stuff going on in the world of wrestling but not much of it interests me. NXT UK’s Takeover got canceled for instance. I’ve never seen one of their shows. It’s kinda like that. There’s stuff going on but it’s not stuff I generally pay attention to.

 

That doesn’t mean there’s nothing to talk about. What caught my eye today is the “retro SmackDown” planned for next week. I think that could be a lot of fun but timing is key for that sort of theme. Maybe it should be done around Halloween or some 3-day weekend as a tradition so RAW can join in too. I don’t mind fun asides like that at all. I respect that the name of the game is entertainment as well as wrestling and having some fun allows wrestlers to show different sides of themselves. The better look we can get at them, the easier it is to make up our minds. I like the idea. Depending on how it works out, my vote is a 3-day weekend when we “remember” WWE’s origins. I would say Memorial Day but given its true purpose that could come off disrespectful. Labor Day, maybe?

 

In other news and a good segue to SmackDown in general, Pat McAfee appears to love his new job. That’s just what I want to hear. I hope he gets good and comfortable because I want him and Corey Graves to have a throwdown. I say “throwdown” because I respect why Graves retired from the ring but if they get into it backstage, does that count? I’d put money on that. Maybe in a year or 2 one of them takes the last sandwich and it’s “on”.

And that brings us to tonight. It’s kind of a big deal tonight as Roman Reigns may be set to send Daniel Bryan to RAW. I know there’s talk of Bryan’s contract being up but I don’t think Bryan would just walk away. He’s got good standing and respect from both the fans and Management. It’s a good place to be. I don’t see why something that makes everyone happy couldn’t happen. They should work something out. Also, Big E will make a play for the Intercontinental Title one more time. From the looks of it, we shouldn’t be disappointed. Let’s not mince words and get right to it. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well just try to have fun. SmackDown appears to be hitting the mark so sit back, relax and enjoy your start of the weekend. Let it all happen naturally.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments