Final Stretch to WrestleMania, SmackDown Style...


Happy WrestleMania Eve, Enthusiasts!

 

Are you ready for all the action? We’ve got like 4 days lined up of just WWE going for it so, let’s get into what’s buzzing around so that we can focus.

 

Well, the kinda big deal is that WWE is attempting to be progressive by naming Sasha Banks and Bianca BelAir as the headliners for Night 1. I actually have an article out that concerns the matter. I’m more on the, “it’s not the right time” fence but I’m glad that some attempt is being made to bring some equality to how matches are presented. Yet, as I surmise in my article, I think they’d want better conditions overall if they were to truly main event. This could be the beginning of times when the best “wrestlers” main event. In that case, it could be by men or women.  I’m all for it. What we want is a good show. If 2 ladies bring down the house, so be it.

 

The other tease going around is that we could very well see Becky Lynch return to the ring this weekend. This may be a bit bittersweet for her since she’s a new mother. The arrival of a child can change focus. And if I sound old-fashioned, I’m just being honest. I don’t think a woman can’t have both family and career but gaining a family does change one’s perspective. We’ll see if Lynch loves the ring or is angling to pay for her baby’s college. It’s entirely fine if she achieves both.

 

There’s more going on but this is what caught me. So, for tonight’s special WrestleMania edition of SmackDown, we’ll have the Andre the Giant Battle Royal tonight. Hopefully this leads to some sort of WrestleMania implication.  They’ll also be a fatal-4-way for the Tag Team Titles. Again, hopefully this leads to some sort of WrestleMania implication. For a 2-night event, I’m beginning to wonder what we’re gonna see cause this stuff usually is the filler. I wonder what will pad the time this year. And of course, we can’t forget Edge, Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns talking their last bit of shit before go time. I got to say, I’m strangely leaning towards Edge this time around. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reigns retains in full Heel fashion but since Edge is the senior Heel, you have to expect him to have some tricks up the sleeve. Besides, it gives them a story to follow after ‘Mania. Reigns then needs to get his baby back. Allows others to get into the mix too since Old Man Edge has the title now. People may see that as an opportunity. Regardless, we’re gonna see what they do. All in all, I’m just looking to have some fun. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, let’s just see what we have to work with. They don’t so much have to knock it out of the park as set up WrestleMania to do so over the weekend. Let’s see if SmackDown gives them everything they need to succeed.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments