Now That That's Over, SmackDown Lays the Final Piece for Money in the Bank...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

I hope the start of your US Independence Day weekend is going splendidly. I make the specification because I do have readers from around the world. I know, you’d think no one would care but sometimes, I do better abroad. I’ll be the first to say no one’s more surprised than me.

 

Regardless, the wrestling world doesn’t stop for such pithy information. Let’s chat about what’s going on for a little bit.

 

So, we’ll begin with non or indirect WWE news with Jeff Hardy now in treatment and cycling through the Florida legal system. Hardy issued his “Not Guilty” plea and is awaiting arraignment for next week. That’s actually a pretty fast turn around for this sort of thing. Now, don’t jump to conclusions. The name of the game in the legal system is getting the best deal not necessarily assigning proper blame, at least in a relatively minor case. Not to trivialize Hardy’s DUI but let’s just say, he’s lucky no one got hurt. Hardy’s lawyer is playing ball and we’ll see what he actually gets slapped with. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with some fines and community service as long as he stays in treatment.

 

You don’t need me to jump down Hardy’s throat. Let’s presume Hardy has heard plenty recently. He, probably better than anyone, knows his problems. Let’s hope this ordeal has prompted him to take a good, long look in the mirror and make some hard decisions. This is one of those times when he’s got no one else to blame but himself. I wish him the best and hope he gets his shit together.

 

In WWE news, the big buzz comes from the signing of Logan Paul. Very interesting given the recent disclosure of The Rock/Dwayne Johnson cutting all ties with him after one of Paul’s early stunts. I guess they may have to rekindle ties. I don’t really care much about this acquisition, but it does feel somewhat par for the WWE course. I’ve stated many a time that WWE is a Heel company. So, it makes sense to sign someone guaranteed to get heat. The task now is to make sure this is entertaining. If they can get their money’s worth out of him, what’s the big deal? Half the game is to get our goats. Let’s see if they conjure the right kind of fun.

 

And so, that brings us to the SmackDown Go Home Show for Money in the Bank. They’re keeping it simple. Everyone scheduled for the big show is set to show up and box. We’ll see if that whets the appetite for tomorrow. And remember that this is a Saturday show. I was about to show up late on Sunday. Guess it wouldn’t be too bad but everyone would be wondering why I was behind. Didn’t get the memo 😉 Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. I don’t blame you if you’re not that jazzed for this but that’s where WWE’s ingenuity comes into play. For the time being, they should be trying to produce shows that people end up missing out on. So, a show should be good enough that general fans feel they missed a good one.

 

Most feel they can pass on a WWE PPV or Premium Live Event and in most cases you can always catch it later but they want to get word of mouth buzzing again. They should be aiming for posts like, “I was gonna do something else but sat down and watched MITB. Glad I changed my mind…” That may be asking for too much but that’s what they should be going for. You got to drum up curiosity. The general word on WWE is that it’s lame. They need to focus on executing good, fun shows so that people start talking them up again. That’s the only real route back to grandeur. We’ll see if they get close.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments